Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Als scares

Re: Als scares

We’ve missed so many things but what makes it worse is looking back on it. Look ahead to the future and how amazing it is going to be! Low vitamin D is a symptom of als?

Quote Originally Posted by Worried_91 View Post
    Thanks @Murphy93 it really is eating me up inside. Right now I feel like a shell of myself. I feel like I can't look forward to anything because my time is limited, it's insane but feels so real!

So have you been dealing with the ALS fear for 2 years? Wow, what have your symptoms been? I'd say if it was ALS you surely would have deteriorated a lot by now. I've had it for around 2 months now but it's overwhelming.

I hope all of us will soon be seeing the other end of our fear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmartz2 View Post
    We’ve missed so many things but what makes it worse is looking back on it. Look ahead to the future and how amazing it is going to be! Low vitamin D is a symptom of als?
    No sorry!! Twitching is a symptom of low vitamin d

Hahah I was gonna say! S***!!!!

Decided to get back in the gym today! Lifted chest and shoulders and couldn’t lift my arms above my head after. Of course I jumped to weakness but obviously know that muscles tear easily when you’ve been inactive for such a long time. One thing I really wanna know more about is why anxiety causes excess salivation and throat issues

Fell down the rabbit hole today after I was helping someone and noticed my voice was tiring and slurring. Now it’s happening all day. My mouth is full of saliva. Twitching happening. I thought I was done with the als thing after I just realized my hand is not weak just stiff from overuse but now my mouth is worrying me

Hey @Cmartz2 Good job with getting back in the gym, I can't as we're in lockdown in the UK and all gyms are shut. I did manage a 6k run though so feeling slightly better today. I've still had the right side twitching but trying not to focus.

I had the hypersalivating thing a couple of years ago but wasn't thinking it'd be ALS related at the time. It really isn't anything to be concerned about, but it took a while for it to go as its worse when you focus on it. I put it down to acid reflux or just good ol' anxiety.

Yeah I’ve read that it can be anxiety! I guess the main thing is the twitching on my tongue. Globus is definitely due to anxiety! Because it comes and goes but the twitching happens a lot. That’s a long run! Good for you! I know if I tried that I would definitely pass out. I tend to forget this is a UK based website and I’m in the US where covid sadly isn’t taken as serious.
    I got it in august but was lucky to get through it with minor symptoms

Definitely anxiety related! With the tongue if I stick mine out, it twitches all over but I think that's just the strain of poking it out. Yeah, I mean I can't say out government have managed it well over here, but here's hoping everything gets back to normal soon!

Yep time to relax!! Yeah sticking it out it’ll twitch every time!

Definitely! You got this!

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread Information