Thread: Another neck/throat issue - is it fixable???

Exclamation Another neck/throat issue - is it fixable???

Hi Everyone,

I too have the typical lump in throat issue, Been occurring for around 12 - 15 months now, Slightly worse (at least more noticeable) over the last month

i do suffer from allergies and acid reflux

What I get is
    - struggle to swallow / lump in throat / clicking sensation
    - Loud (at least it feels loud ) swallowing
    - Itch feeling in back of throat, often if i extend my head up, something must rub and causes an itch type cough
    - Constant back of throat irritation with no obvious reasons (no throat infections or anything, though i seem to be prone to them)
    - Tonsils are large, though always have been but probably not helping
    - I feel like I struggle to speak clearly and it often feels like my throat feels too small? the area at the back of the tongue before it goes down the neck.
    - Speaking too much over a day results in a hoarse voice by the end of the day and sometimes I lose it all together
    - clear mucus in back of throat

I've been to the GP several times on this one, Have had an ultrasound of the neck and surroundings twice, thyroid scan once (showed a small tiny nodule but was told it was harmless)
    Many blood tests over the time, always coming back normal

I've then been twice to an ENT surgeon who has put it down to Globus, they stuck a camera up my nose to my throat and said all clear, except for some irritation inside the throat and said it was due to the constant dry swallowing. they did not want to do further tests or anything as they were confident in this

I do swallow ALOT, especially when I'm not really doing much, the ENT said there is no need and typically we don't swallow often for no reason which is why the irritation occurs, i probably swallow just saliva at least once every minute i would say

Are these signs of Globus still? I would have thought the speech issue perhaps not be? im not totally concerns about something sinister as I would suspect 15 months of it I'd know something else happening by now

I think perhaps the whole sensation and symptoms i get above could be stress/anxiety related, I would rate my stress/anxiety a 9/10 over the last 1 - 2 months.

Thanks in advance, have a safe holidays.
    Last edited by mbee; 23-12-20 at 11:58.

Re: Another neck/throat issue - is it fixable???

So, based on your post, you have the explanation for what you're experiencing. What is it that you asking exactly? If you're looking for reassurance, you have all you need in what you wrote.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thank you

I just wasnt sure if globus you can get all those symptoms, or just lump in throat

thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by mbee View Post
    Thank you

I just wasnt sure if globus you can get all those symptoms, or just lump in throat

thanks again
    Hi mbee. My story is your story. Symptoms, doctors visits etc. I'm dealing with this awful sensation 2 years now and would love to get some relief.

Have you managed to get rid of your symptoms?

Thread Information