Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Future of testing

Future of testing

I see Tony Blair said most countries will require your virus status within six months for entry. We spoke about vaccine passports however from what I gather a negative covid result may be an alternative to a vaccine. So since I’m not keen on the vaccine how close are we to saliva testing or something like that rather than a swab? I would be happy to do the test that goes under your tongue to go abroad. I guess you could carry these tests with you I mean I often take the train to other countries so perhaps it would require daily testing? Any thoughts on how testing may work?

Re: Future of testing

We’re saliva testing in the US now. My parents just did one on Monday. Still takes up to 48 hrs for results though so it’s not super quick yet.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I see Tony Blair said most countries will require your virus status within six months for entry. We spoke about vaccine passports however from what I gather a negative covid result may be an alternative to a vaccine. So since I’m not keen on the vaccine how close are we to saliva testing or something like that rather than a swab? I would be happy to do the test that goes under your tongue to go abroad. I guess you could carry these tests with you I mean I often take the train to other countries so perhaps it would require daily testing? Any thoughts on how testing may work?
    I don't mean to sound cynical, but does Blair still have any authority over all of this, especially considering he ceased to be PM in June 2007, and (New) Labour as a whole given the heave-ho three years later?

We can't tell you when you are next going to be able to have a holiday, Phil. It's always going to be the same answer until there is definite news about a valid saliva test which the countries you want to visit will accept.

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    We’re saliva testing in the US now. My parents just did one on Monday. Still takes up to 48 hrs for results though so it’s not super quick yet.
    The one in the UK says results in 15 mins goes under the tongue. How was the one your parents done was it like a spit test or was it a different method?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    We can't tell you when you are next going to be able to have a holiday, Phil. It's always going to be the same answer until there is definite news about a valid saliva test which the countries you want to visit will accept.
    Well like some people are say allergic to the vaccine so I wonder if they will offer testing on place of a vaccine perhaps? I think it would make sense to have an alternative I read France will require a vaccine for transport or a negative test so if you say don’t have the vaccine perhaps regular testing will be an opinion? Or perhaps the vaccine will come as a tablet in 2021 and make it a lot easier. And yes nobody knows I hate how uncertain things are

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I don't mean to sound cynical, but does Blair still have any authority over all of this, especially considering he ceased to be PM in June 2007, and (New) Labour as a whole given the heave-ho three years later?
    I think he was a better PM than many who have gone after him to be honest. He mentioned using half a dose of the vaccine as it’s still over 90% effective but could go further for more people I think he has a point?

The one in the UK says results in 15 mins goes under the tongue. How was the one your parents done was it like a spit test or was it a different method?
    The only ones I’m aware of that are being widely used right now are test tubes that you spit into.

I did see the FDA Approved the home test strip kit things and are expected to start distributing in the next few months. Cost may be prohibitive for some as it is reported to be $50-$60 per test kit, and unknown yet if insurance will pay for any of it.

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    The only ones I’m aware of that are being widely used right now are test tubes that you spit into.

I did see the FDA Approved the home test strip kit things and are expected to start distributing in the next few months. Cost may be prohibitive for some as it is reported to be $50-$60 per test kit, and unknown yet if insurance will pay for any of it.
    Cool perhaps in the UK they will be on the high street in places like boots. I know someone who got a swab test today and found it pretty repulsive so I think these tests will make a massive difference.

Cool perhaps in the UK they will be on the high street in places like boots. I know someone who got a swab test today and found it pretty repulsive so I think these tests will make a massive difference.
    I had three swab tests last Friday lol. They’re really not as bad as they’ve been made out to be. A little minor discomfort but was over very quickly.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information