Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Biopsy

Biopsy

Well its my worst fear. After a mammogram and ultrasound I've been told I need a biopsy. They said they think it's benign but because its new, and a solid mass, rather than fluid filled like a cyst, they are scheduling me for a biopsy in a cpl of weeks. Very scared.

Re: Biopsy

Going for more tests is always scary - I totally understand that fear and I would be beside myself with worry too. But try to focus on “they think it’s benign”. Those are good words to hear and I don’t think they’d say that if they didn’t think there was a good chance it’s true. I’m sorry that you’re having to go through this, maybe one of the other members that has gone through it as well will see and comment. I don’t have much experience I can offer you in this area but I didn’t want to read and not respond. I will send positive thoughts your way, and try not to worry yourself sick until your appointment. I know that’s easier said than done.

Thank you so much for responding. Im trying really hard to remember that as well. My mom had the exact same thing and it was fine. Im just trying to live in the moment because there's nothing I can do right now. But yeah im really scared. Thanks for your kind words.

Thinking of you erinjaye, can’t be of much help other than to say i’m sending you lots of positive thoughts. Take care x

Thanks I appreciate that.

I just keep praying over and over that its something benign like a fibroadenoma. Idk how im gna get through these next cpl weeks

Quote Originally Posted by erinjaye View Post
    My mom had the exact same thing and it was fine.
    As is the case with most women in your situation lovely.

This will be as scary as you allow your mind to make it, so put the effort into not giving into those imaginary (and unlikely) scenarios.

I would focus on the fact that your mum had the same thing and was ok. My mother had the cancer that I fear the most (ovarian) and she was ok too. More than ok. It was an 100% cure and she died cancer free. Why should my story be any different? Especially when I am more proactive because she had the cancer.

Living in the moment is absolutely the right way to go and if you can make some special memories in this unknown period then something good will have come out of this experience - aside the all clear.

Better still, if you can accept whatever life may throw at you in this situation and any other - fear will not win.

I'm sure you'll be fine. X

Thank you, I know you are right. Im trying to be strong and rational and one minute im ok, but the next the fear and anxiety just bubble up and I break down into tears. Im trying not to ruin Christmas and my fiance is being very sweet but every time I look at my son I want to cry because im so scared. I pray every second and I have a counseling appointment on Monday. But I just don't know how else to cope.

I was doing ok and didn't let this ruin Christmas but I just scheduled the biopsy and they can't get me in until Jan 12. How am I going to get through the next few weeks? And this is dumb but my birthday is the 13th so im sad that ill be ringing in both the new year and my birthday with this on my shoulders. I really was doing well but now I'm just out of my mind with worry and can't stop crying

Breast Biopsy, need support

I recently posted but im spiraling. I hadn't had a mammogram in over 2 years because I had a baby, and then covid hit the states. I finally went and got one, immediately was sent for an ultrasound where they concluded I need a biopsy because they found a solid mass that wasn't there before. The biopsy is in a couple of weeks and im sick with worry. Breast cancer runs in my family which is why I get the mammos so young (im 38). Im speaking with my counselor weekly who happens to be a breast cancer survivor and I usually feel better after speaking with her but in between appointments everything goes out the window. Im terrified and sad because I have a 1 yr old son. My fiance is being strong for me but I can't tell if he's worried too. The dr said the mass does have characteristics of being benign but because its solid and new it needs to be biopsied. I have a lot of support around me but its just not helping and idk how to help myself at this point. I break down into tears multiple times a day, can't really eat and I just pass out from exhaustion at night. I know no one can tell me either way until I get the biopsy but as the title states, I just need support or affirmations or something. Can anyone help me?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information