Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Biopsy

Re: Biopsy

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Oops sorry I didn't realize. Thank you.

Hello erinjaye,

I feel so sorry for you, a baby, only 38 and having this awful worry also. I will say that there are reasons that people like yourself, with family history, are given frequent mammograms, and that is because anything caught early is very treatable nowadays. You are a realistic person , you know that only a biopsy can provide answers, but are understandably scared of what the future might bring if you aren't told this mass is benign. Its a truly awful place to be, and your head with be all over the place. Waiting for results and tests is HELL, I've been there; I am also a BC survivor (as the majority of women are nowadays -survivors- thanks to modern individual treatment plans). I will say to you though that this will be the worst time, the not knowing, the what ifs are a horrific rollercoaster and even IF you had the news you don't want, you will at least know and have a treatment plan and this gives back some control and positivity. It sounds like your medical professionals are taking very good care of you, and taking no risks at all, hence the biopsy. I know me talking about your worst fear might be not at all what you want to even entertain thinking about, and the likelihood is this is benign from what your consultants say, but sometimes facing the fact that BC isn't some sort of death sentence anyway can be a helpful way to think.

Thank you so much for your kind response. I guess for now the good news is they had a cancelation and were able to bump me up a week. My birthday is the 13th so im praying that by then I'll have a benign result. The waiting is awful and im doing my best to not even think that it could be anything but benign. I really appreciate you reaching out.

Ok I'm starting to spiral again. I've struggled with chronic joint pain for 3 years. Im scared that this has been breast cancer all along that had spread and the lump was too small to see on mammogram until now. Is that ridiculous? Or is it a possibility this is all connected? Im sorry if thats dumb or triggering but I can't shake it

i would say not connected at all but you are putting two and two together and getting 500 lol

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Yes you are totally right. I just got off the phone with someone at American cancer society and she said its unlikely that a cancer would spread like that before finding a lump and to remember that most lumps are benign and pregnancy can cause new ones to develop. So for right this second im feeling a lot better. Thank you for responding!

I'm glad you called the American Cancer society (I visited their site when I was diagnosed and found it very useful, along with our own UK version). I was about to reply and same similar to what they have told you anyway, but better for you to hear it from the experts.

Thank you so much. Im very much up and down which I guess is to be expected but I just keep reading this thread when I get worked up.

Biopsy is tomorrow morning. Im struggling. Really scared for both the procedure and the result. Not getting a lot of support from my fiance, at this point I think he's just over the whole situation, not that I blame him. My son is taking a nap and im trying to also but my anxiety is in overdrive.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information