Thread: Chest Feels Tight On Inderal (Prolonged Release) Should I Be Worried?

Chest Feels Tight On Inderal (Prolonged Release) Should I Be Worried?

Went doctor yesterday, because of horrendous palpitations last night. He did an ECG and checked my heart, said I had tachycardia. Which he said ''goes along with my persoanlity'', I think he means anxiety disorder. Anyway, He said I've to stop taking my 10mg Propranolol and take Half-Beta-Prograne 80mg (prolonged release capsule) Propranolol Hydrochloride. He said it was to regulate my heart, so I don't know.

I'm very stressed about taking this, as I remember when I started taking Propranolol I was put on 80mg slow release and it was just too much for me, but he also said if I want to come off it, that I can take one every second day and do it that way. I'm very conflicted about this.

I'll take it because he's said so, but the thoughts of having to go through the whole process of tapering again is really upsetting me.

I'm 33, female (also have Hypothyroidism - on Eltroxin 50mg for it though). What's worrying me, is I'm having a tightness feeling, or it feels that way, maybe because my heart rate is slower? It's unsettling me at the moment. My doctor wasn't worried putting me on this medication, and I'm just feeling stressed being on it. He said on the phone that it shouldn't change your heart rate, but when I'm resting it is going down more than normal. Sometimes to the mid 50's.

Is it normal to have this sensation in my chest? I read about side effects and stuff, other than that I'm not having any other symptoms and just need advice about it. Sometimes it feels okay, but as soon as I sit down or recline to relax, is when I can feel it the most, not sure why? Sorry, I'm feeling very vulnerable at the moment and no one to talk to about it once again.

Re: Chest Feels Tight On Inderal (Prolonged Release) Should I Be Worried?

Tonight I've been having trouble going asleep because of symptoms. Not sure if medication, but when I'm drifting off, my tongue feels like it swells (even though it isn't but my tongue is pale). I also feel like I'm breathless or tightness when breathing. Not sure if its cause my heart rate is slowing down, but I'm actually freaking out and am sweating now. I feel freaked out and panicked right now? I didn't get this yesterday or the night before, I don't know what is going on??

I keep thinking all the sensations, tightness, aches and pains is a heart attack or something, angina.
    Last edited by mischamoonlight; 26-12-20 at 05:44.

Re: Chest Feels Tight On Inderal (Prolonged Release) Should I Be Worried?

Quote Originally Posted by mischamoonlight View Post

I keep thinking all the sensations, tightness, aches and pains is a heart attack or something, angina.

They are all signs of a panic attack. If your doctor thought you were at risk, he/she would have sent you to the hospital. I am sorry to hear about your medication issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information