Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: In which Iris was really stupid.

Re: In which Iris was really stupid.

I didn't know that about the decaff coffee Nora, thanks for the info.

BlueIris, it's so hard to have just a little chocolate when it tastes so good and makes you feel good for the moment.
    I find eat chocolate after a meal, it seems less damaging.
    Hope you are having a better day today. x

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Just want to add that 'decaf' doesn't mean caffeine free. There is around 7mgs of caffeine in one average cup of decaf coffee. If people are especially sensitive - they should avoid decaf as well.
    I'll pretend I didn't read that!

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    I didn't know that about the decaff coffee Nora, thanks for the info.
    You would have to be very sensitised for it to affect you, but most people do think that decaf means no caffeine and it's not the case.

I can tolerate one cup of the good stuff in the mornings now (helps to wake my colon up) but at my worst, even the decaf sent my heart racing.

There are lots of lovely herbal teas though Carnation. I have quite a collection now. I'm quite the tea snob lol

What are some of your favourites? I have a massive thing for Polish sage tea right now.

Glad you’re doing ok now BI!

I do drink decaf coffee and herbal teas. Particular fave at the moment is Dorset Tea Cool Chamomile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    What are some of your favourites? I have a massive thing for Polish sage tea right now.
    I love the rooibos with chocolate, and also spearmint (which I'm drinking now) - very refreshing this one, and the rooibos tricks my brain into thinking I've scoffed a slab of Dairy Milk.

I also have some hemp tea which tastes like soil but does actually calm me down somewhat. This is in place of chamomile - which I love - but which I am allergic because I get hayfever and I only made the connection after years of drinking this and feeling like I'd been mowing the lawn - even in winter.

I have posh teapots, lovely mugs, and lovely tins to keep my tea in. I make it as special an experience as possible, but I'm still partial to a big mug of Yorkshire tea to wash down my chippy chips!
    Last edited by NoraB; 29-12-20 at 10:11.

Oh, everyone needs a mug of builder's tea every now and again Love chamomile, it tastes like dishwater but in a good way. I'm very, very picky about mint tea but Clipper peppermint really hits the spot.

If we're looking at the not-strictly-decaf stuff, York's in Birmingham does a champagne sencha with just a hint of strawberry that's absolute bliss.

Oh, everyone needs a mug of builder's tea every now and again Love chamomile, it tastes like dishwater but in a good way. I'm very, very picky about mint tea but Clipper peppermint really hits the spot.

If we're looking at the not-strictly-decaf stuff, York's in Birmingham does a champagne sencha with just a hint of strawberry that's absolute bliss.
    Sounds lovely! Might look that one up Blue!

My spearmint tea comes from a lovely tea and coffee shop in Hawes. I could literally spend hours in there...

I buy loose leaf Mao Feng green tea from the Chiswick Tea Company..Lovely stuff but you have to get the brewing just right and use filtered water..

Apparently caffeine is much better tolerated after breakfast rather than before according to one eminent doc in the anxiety trade. I haven't had coffee for years but still love the smell..

I think camomile tastes like soil - but in a very good way. My absolute fav!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information