Thread: Intermittent Diarrhoea, nausea, feel unwell

Intermittent Diarrhoea, nausea, feel unwell

Hi I'm 51 and have always had HA.
    I've also suffered a lot with what I presume is IBS. I had a normal endoscopy a few years ago for a lot of upper GI symptoms but this found nothing!
    I've now been suffering with intermittent diarhoea since Aug. It comes on quite suddenly usually a few hours after eating and I put a lot of my symptoms down to dairy. It would happen one day then maybe not happen for a week or so then happen again. It is very painful diarrhoea and watery and the cramps are awful. I then feel washed out after and sore for a day. I went to see GP after it happened a few times as I've always been more constipated than anything. I did stool tests, FIT test and bloods which were all normal. she referred me to gastro for colonoscopy just as an extra precaution. She advised me to cut out dairy as I had a suspicion it could be that, and for 7 weeks I was fine. Tummy felt great. My bowels even became more regular than before so felt I had found my answer. Then it suddenly happened again twice.
    I now just feel ill all the time.. im exhausted with my anxiety and worry and I feel weak. I found a tender gland in my groin a week ago and gp said it could be connected to my bowels which freaked me out. She said we cant do anything until my colonoscopy! This coukd be another month away. Ive now had pain in my left hip on same side as gland like someone is poking me with a hot poker.. i feel nauseas and have lost my appetite and my tummy feels off and queasy. I am panicking that I have some terrible bowel cancer that hasnt been discovered and that im feeling ill because of this and that it has spread to my hip. I'm terrified. I dont have any bleeding. What makes it worse is thst I've known 3 people in my area die of bowel cancer in their 30s. One being my friends daughter who died leaving 2 children behind. She was only 32 and fobbed off by doctors for years.
    I would be grateful for any reassurance to get me through the next few weeks . I'm terrified of what they will find on colonoscopy. I want a happy life but feel im just existing going from one anxiety to another. x

Re: Intermittent Diarrhoea, nausea, feel unwell

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnexe View Post
    I did stool tests, FIT test and bloods which were all normal. she referred me to gastro for colonoscopy just as an extra precaution. She advised me to cut out dairy as I had a suspicion it could be that, and for 7 weeks I was fine. Tummy felt great. My bowels even became more regular than before so felt I had found my answer.
    It's well documented that, as women age, they are less able to tolerate dairy.

I am panicking that I have some terrible bowel cancer that hasnt been discovered and that im feeling ill because of this and that it has spread to my hip. I'm terrified. I dont have any bleeding. What makes it worse is thst I've known 3 people in my area die of bowel cancer in their 30s. One being my friends daughter who died leaving 2 children behind. She was only 32 and fobbed off by doctors for years.
    When you say 'fobbed off for years' what do you mean? Didn't they test her?

I would be grateful for any reassurance to get me through the next few weeks . I'm terrified of what they will find on colonoscopy. I want a happy life but feel im just existing going from one anxiety to another. x
    I'm waiting on a colonoscopy too, but I've been told I'm in for a lengthy wait due to COVID. I'll be lucky to get bum-cam in 2022 at this rate!

Yours will soon come round and then you will know whether you are dealing with anxiety or something else and 'something else' doesn't have to be cancer. In fact, cancer is the least likely scenario. Given that your insides responded so well to cutting out dairy - I'd say that cancer is even more unlikely as I don't imagine it would matter much what you eat if there's a tumour in your colon.

Hip pain? You're in your 50s. Wear and tear in hips, knees etc is the norm - especially in cold and damp weather. And we notice these things more when we are hyper-focused on our bodies. The older we get, the more aches and pains we get, and this applies to everybody.

My advice?

You want a happy life, but you think you can't be happy until you get the all clear? Thing is, something else will come along, and then something else. What you need to aim for is to be happy now - regardless of what may it may not happen. If you've ever been in a hospice and seen the dying laughing and squeezing each moment out of life, you'll understand how "happiness can be found in the darkest of times, one only has to remember to turn on the light" - which is why hospices are such joyful places.

I seriously doubt you have cancer, but the sentiment stands..

Hope all goes well with bum-cam - I usually knock back my prep with lemonade (flat) chasers, and do come back to tell us how you get on. X

Re: Intermittent Diarrhoea, nausea, feel unwell

[QUOTE=NoraB;1980831]It's well documented that, as women age, they are less able to tolerate dairy.

When you say 'fobbed off for years' what do you mean? Didn't they test her?

I'm waiting on a colonoscopy too, but I've been told I'm in for a lengthy wait due to COVID. I'll be lucky to get bum-cam in 2022 at this rate!

Yours will soon come round and then you will know whether you are dealing with anxiety or something else and 'something else' doesn't have to be cancer. In fact, cancer is the least likely scenario. Given that your insides responded so well to cutting out dairy - I'd say that cancer is even more unlikely as I don't imagine it would matter much what you eat if there's a tumour in your colon.

Hip pain? You're in your 50s. Wear and tear in hips, knees etc is the norm - especially in cold and damp weather. And we notice these things more when we are hyper-focused on our bodies. The older we get, the more aches and pains we get, and this applies to everybody.

My advice?

You want a happy life, but you think you can't be happy until you get the all clear? Thing is, something else will come along, and then something else. What you need to aim for is to be happy now - regardless of what may it may not happen. If you've ever been in a hospice and seen the dying laughing and squeezing each moment out of life, you'll understand how "happiness can be found in the darkest of times, one only has to remember to turn on the light" - which is why hospices are such joyful places.

I seriously doubt you have cancer, but the sentiment stands..

Hope all goes well with bum-cam - I usually knock back my prep with lemonade (flat) chasers, and do come back to tell us how you get on. X[/QUOTE

Thank you. I will report back when I've been seen. x

Thread Information