Hi I'm 51 and have always had HA.
I've also suffered a lot with what I presume is IBS. I had a normal endoscopy a few years ago for a lot of upper GI symptoms but this found nothing!
I've now been suffering with intermittent diarhoea since Aug. It comes on quite suddenly usually a few hours after eating and I put a lot of my symptoms down to dairy. It would happen one day then maybe not happen for a week or so then happen again. It is very painful diarrhoea and watery and the cramps are awful. I then feel washed out after and sore for a day. I went to see GP after it happened a few times as I've always been more constipated than anything. I did stool tests, FIT test and bloods which were all normal. she referred me to gastro for colonoscopy just as an extra precaution. She advised me to cut out dairy as I had a suspicion it could be that, and for 7 weeks I was fine. Tummy felt great. My bowels even became more regular than before so felt I had found my answer. Then it suddenly happened again twice.
I now just feel ill all the time.. im exhausted with my anxiety and worry and I feel weak. I found a tender gland in my groin a week ago and gp said it could be connected to my bowels which freaked me out. She said we cant do anything until my colonoscopy! This coukd be another month away. Ive now had pain in my left hip on same side as gland like someone is poking me with a hot poker.. i feel nauseas and have lost my appetite and my tummy feels off and queasy. I am panicking that I have some terrible bowel cancer that hasnt been discovered and that im feeling ill because of this and that it has spread to my hip. I'm terrified. I dont have any bleeding. What makes it worse is thst I've known 3 people in my area die of bowel cancer in their 30s. One being my friends daughter who died leaving 2 children behind. She was only 32 and fobbed off by doctors for years.
I would be grateful for any reassurance to get me through the next few weeks . I'm terrified of what they will find on colonoscopy. I want a happy life but feel im just existing going from one anxiety to another. x