Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rough time ☹️

Re: Rough time ☹️

Quote Originally Posted by julieG View Post
    My neck problem is an issue as I’ve never had this kind of feeling before.
    Honestly Julie, if I had a pound for every time I've said this over the last 9 years I would be floating about on a lilo somewhere warm sipping some unpronounceable cocktail.

It’s not muscular and it’s been there for over a month.
    You can't be sure it's 100% not muscular, and I've had unexplained pains for months at a time. No cancer. (so far, anyway)

I am trying my best to stay positive and not get back on that horrible road.
    Its not easy. It is hard work, but you can do it because you're awesome. We're all awesome on here. X

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Honestly Julie, if I had a pound for every time I've said this over the last 9 years I would be floating about on a lilo somewhere warm sipping some unpronounceable cocktail.

You can't be sure it's 100% not muscular, and I've had unexplained pains for months at a time. No cancer. (so far, anyway)

Its not easy. It is hard work, but you can do it because you're awesome. We're all awesome on here. X
    Haha. This did make me laugh. And again youre right especially about but its different this time 😊 x

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Medication deals with physical symptoms, not the cause of the anxiety. What therapy have you had. if any?

What's happening is that your body is hypersensitive and these NORMAL anxiety symptoms feel very unpleasant and overwhelming to you. I know exactly how you feel because I've been there. However, in this climate with an NHS which is on it's knees as it is - patience will wear thin if you keep calling out ambulances for panic attacks. I did two visits - one by ambulance and the other was a walk in. On the second one, I was seen by the psychiatrist after being given the all clear by the docs (again)

You're not going to stop breathing. You're not going to die. It just 'feels' that way, and that's not how dying works.

What's actually happening is that your body is doing exactly what it's meant to. This is the stress response, and it's meant to keep you alive.

I had a breakdown with my HA, and, like you, I couldn't see a day where I wouldn't feel like I was dying, but I got myself out of that hole by understanding anxiety and accepting that life sometimes deals us shit cards, and by working my arse off to get better. Plus, I did it without meds because I have chemical sensitivity! So, if I can do it - anybody can. X
    Thank you for your reply I've not had any recent therapy I've tried CBT many years ago and I didn't find it was doing anything it's like I've completely lost control of the attacks and anxiety I never used to ring ambulances it since tested positive that things have got so much worse for be I literally feel physically ill everyday I've got a headache worrying something is seriously wrong with me I end up awake at 3 every morning and unable to get back to sleep same thing happened again this morning I woke up straight away thinking I'm unable to breathe and that I'm just going to die i talk to my partner and my mum and dad but I feel like they get enough of me coz I constantly repeat the same things I can't breathe I'm dying my mum suffered from them too but here is managed by meds Im just so worried this is me forever now that I'm never going to feel normal I get light headed jelly legs fuzzy head just feeling like I'm not here when I am just wish it would go away 16 days on the venlafaxine and don't see them working feel so lost

Hi kalie Its awful that you feel this way. Please know that you can still test positive up to 90 days after being confirmed positive. We need to believe what the experts tell us. Hard I know x
    Thank you that keeps me some reassurance I used to panic and have anxiety but not feel the part thinking I'm going to stop breathing I don't know if it's all the bad stuff we read about covid or the fact 7 months ago my neighbor went to hospital unable to breathe and ended up in a coma and it's triggered me of when I got the positive thinking the same will happen to me even tho my symptoms are gone I'm still scared they come back and this will be what happenes silly I know I just don't seem myself since that result and I don't even get any bad symptoms I thought getting the all clear at hospital would put my mind at ease it did for a good 5 hours then went back to how it was just want to feel me again

Quote Originally Posted by Kalie galea View Post
    Thank you that keeps me some reassurance I used to panic and have anxiety but not feel the part thinking I'm going to stop breathing I don't know if it's all the bad stuff we read about covid or the fact 7 months ago my neighbor went to hospital unable to breathe and ended up in a coma and it's triggered me of when I got the positive thinking the same will happen to me even tho my symptoms are gone I'm still scared they come back and this will be what happenes silly I know I just don't seem myself since that result and I don't even get any bad symptoms I thought getting the all clear at hospital would put my mind at ease it did for a good 5 hours then went back to how it was just want to feel me again
    Thats the nature of the beast isnt it. Reassurance never lasts and is easily triggered by hearing of other people being unwell. Its hypervigilance. Focussing on one issue and being aware of every slight change. We need to learn to believe the experts. Hope you feel better soon x

Yea I know every time I end up in a panic state I always say it feels different this time but my mum and dad say I always say that everytime I get like this I've not felt this bad before but then again I didn't have to deal with anxiety panic attacks and covid it was just my anxiety and attacks hoping for better days for us both x

Quote Originally Posted by Kalie galea View Post
    I can't breathe I'm dying
    I know. I understand. I've been there. It's a very real and physical sensation. Yet, my oxygen levels were always between 98 and 100%. How can that be possible when I felt like couldn't breathe?

However, once I learned about the stress response and the effects of stress hormones on the body - it all made sense to me. Proper lightbulb moment.

Causes for this 'scary' symptom are as follows..

The Stress Response - simplified: fight or flight - chest, diaphragm and abdomen muscles tighten which restrict breathing.

Breath Holding - I do this a lot and most of time subconsciously. I don't know I'm doing it until I become aware of the tightness in my chest, but I don't add fear to this symptom because I understand it.

Hyperstimulation - chest tightness can be a constant symptom when we are constantly in stress response - meaning that our bodies are always in semi-fight or flight mode.

Anxiety of feeling short of breath
    - the thought of being breathless triggers the stress response which makes us feel breathless.

My golden rule for this symptom is to breathe properly, and from the diaphragm. This turns OFF the fight or flight. It's a physical thing - just like turning off a light. The opposite to this is to breathe rapidly and shallowly which will turn ON the stress response - because that's what our bodies naturally do when we are in ACTUAL DANGER. Our brains do not know the difference between actual danger and what is imagined - it will respond the same way.

I hope this helps you lovely. X

JulieG and noraB thank you so much for your replies julieG it is definitely a beast I decided yesterday I wasn't going to take a dizapam as I have been taking a 2mg of a night time for 5 nights I decided to take a promethazine as apprantly it's more herbal and cannot harm you I woke up at 8 thinking I can't breathe again and I'm going to end up in hospital I don't understand why I keep thinking this it's like my heart was beating fast but I didn't get the tingling feeling the ringing ears the dizziness it's like I didn't go into a full blown panic attack it's been 18 days on venlafaxine now 6 days on the increase dose so 112.5mg in total and Nora YES exactly that I feel like i can't breathe yet my sats are 99 percent and I think how is that even possible you talk so much sense Nora I wish I was as strong as you to be able to do it without medication every time I get the feeling I always say it feels different this time and it feels so real just don't know why I seem to wake up in the mornings like this I don't want to be like this forever and I'm hoping these tablets are going to start to kick in just makes you feel so ill and like something is seriously wrong but I've had ecg xray and bloods done a week and a bit ago and all was perfect I don't know if I'm still thinking about the positive covid result I mean it's been 23 days since I tested positive done another test 8 days ago and still came back positive don't my know if I'm scared that it's still in my body attacking me thank you so much for getting back to me again

I'm really struggling today 😪just broke down and cried I'm sick and tidy of thinking I have something seriously wrong with me that I'm going to die I'm going to just stop breathing or my hearts going to stop beating that I'm not going to see my husband kids mum dad nomore and I really don't know why I'm thinking feeling this still Im thinking surely this can't just be my anxiety or panic attacks that something must be wrong can I seriously feel this 24/7 think I have one step forward a thousand steps back is my tablets not working am I really ill I look around see ppl so happy and I feel so sad and lost that I feel this way I have a good day followed by a bad day hate feeling like this is this me now am I going to be like this forever for 23 day since that positive result everything's gone down hill I've lost all control of how to control my anxiety thinking can covid still make me worse 24 days after with symptoms all gone I know I sound so silly and I need to help myself I'm just lost

Hi folks. Struggling at the moment. My family had covid last month. My husband was really ill at home then spent 10 days in hospital with it. I was scared beyond belief. He came home and was still quite unwell. I stressed about him for about a month. Now hes on the up, I feel awful.

I had bad health anxiety years ago and now its retuned with a vengeance. I had back and chest pain last week, saw the GP and he said I was fine, just muscular. The pain left then I started to get pain in my shoulder blade. It was really bad. Again the GP spoke to me by phone and said no cardiac signs. I was convinced I was having a cardiac event. I have pain in the other side of my neck which Im sure is a tumour. This is so unlike me these days.

Im scared to move in case I get another pain and start worrying about that. I have no motivation to do anything or go anywhere. I feel really weepy and Im convinced something awful is going to happen to me. I need to get back to being me again and I dont know how.

Sorry this is so long. Just having a really bad time of things right now x
    Hugs...Please relax and meditate. It will help somehow. You have been through a lot and that really triggered your HA. Calm yourself and relax. Our friends here already said things that are really helpful. And you can confide things to a professional to better assist you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information