Thread: Several Digestive Issues

Several Digestive Issues

Hi Everyone,

This has been a rough year for HA, but my stomach has made it through with only a day or two here or there with issues, but starting this month I have had constant issues as follows:

Lots of gas after eating or drinking something carbonated (both belching and flatulence)
    Dull ache on left side that randomly comes and goes
    Loss of appetite or feeling hungry but not having a desire to finish a meal after eating a few bites
    Occasional stomach churning after a meal making lots of sounds
    Very fast transit as in within 12 hours I am passing food completely through with some things like peas not being digested

Before this hit I was hungry often and snacked too much with working from home a ton. I went to GP who thought the side pain was just a little trapped gas but wants to check my gallbladder for cause of other issues. Said he wasn't going to run any stomach tests right now, but did put me on a PPI.

I'm wanting to write this off as yet more stress, but am losing it over stomach or colon cancer fears...

Re: Several Digestive Issues

This is basically what I've had for the last 6 weeks...I too am thinking the same but (very) deep down know that my anxiety is just making things worse and so the circle continues! Hope youre feeling better

Hi! I get this too. And dont worry about peas. Human bodies arent made to digest peas.

I would suggest taking probiotics. Like TS6, or similar to strengthen your stomach. It helped me alot.

I would suggest more physical activity for digestion. It helps me alot.

Lesser portions of food. More frequent meals. Less fat, less oil.

Do yoga poses or stretches, to squeeze out gas. It will give you tremendous relief.

Hope this helps.

Thank you both for the replies! It helps to read I'm not alone. Even when reading similar posts there is always this what if I am different feeling!

My appetite has kind of come back, but gone in the other direction. Before some meals and even bed now I feel very hungry, like I could eat a ton. I don't feel full as quickly now, but my starving feeling goes away pretty quickly after I just get something on my stomach. Sometimes I can go from starving to pain after a few bites. I still have some gas issues too. I'm starting to wonder if my mind has associated eating with pain. There is apprehension before I eat where I wonder if this meal will hurt and sometimes it does. Maybe my mind is creating the pain when my stomach feels something get it in it. The real problem is I have no idea how to overcome this issue alone.

I have also picked up that it does seem my problems are worse when not moving. When I'm active, I have a lot less problems, but then I don't really get hungry either. So I have less pain when moving around a bunch, but no appetite. This is very frustrating.

Thread Information