Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feeling a bit hopeless sometimes

Re: Feeling a bit hopeless sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by elizabethalice View Post
    Katie, it sounds like you had a mild case and it was so long ago now, taste does take a while to come back for a lot of people. I'm certain that after 23 days with improving symptoms, you won't get worse now. I know how hard it is when anxiety runs away with you, but try to look at the facts and stats and recognise your fears as just anxiety, not fact. If it helps I developed symptoms and tested positive 16 days ago now, I still am struggling with fatigue but I am not worried at all about myself any more. Try some meditation or self help CBT for health anxiety if you can. You will be ok

TaleOn, I am by no means a fan of the government and their handling of the pandemic, but they aren't trying to control us. They've actually interfered a lot less than other governments all over the world, and they certainly won't do it any longer than needed. Why would they? They want this country up and running as much as the rest of us. This is just conspiracy, once the vaccines are rolled out more things will get a lot better. Try not to listen to things like this!
    That's exactly my point as explained above, our govt have been far more lenient than most others, and probably not for the best IMO!

Thanks you guys.

I just keep hearing from people, even those I know, that we are being kept in line by the UK government and bring up theories like totalitarianism. It just gets me more anxious than ever and I really hope that doesn't happen. :(

Quote Originally Posted by TaleOn11 View Post
    Thanks you guys.

I just keep hearing from people, even those I know, that we are being kept in line by the UK government and bring up theories like totalitarianism. It just gets me more anxious than ever and I really hope that doesn't happen. :(
    I think it's more the opposite, they're often far too lenient IMO, as I have already said above.

But I most certainly wouldn't want the return of the death sentence, school caning, borstals, mass institutionalisation of persons with mental illnesses and LDs, legalised domestic violence and child abuse inflicted by power-crazy husbands/ fathers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information