Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stable Angina

Stable Angina

Guys sorry to say I am worried again😞. I went walking today and going up some steps I got a tight feeling in my throat. This is not the first time it has happened. Also when I go out in the cold I get the same thing happening. These are symptoms of stable angina and I am panicking that I am going to have a heart attack !

Re: Stable Angina

I have it and have meds for when it flares up. I don't know how old you are but you would actually have to have heart disease to experience Angina as its caused by heart disease. Do you have diagnosed heart disease?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Do you have heart problems? Have they been checked out?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi. I haven’t been diagnosed with heart disease. About 6 years ago I suffered black out spells and they never found a cause. I had echo grams, ecg and stress test at the time. Thanks for replying. But whenever I go out in very cold weather my throat tightens and it happens on occasion on steep stairs whilst ‘power walking’. Obviously I googled and I am in a panic.
    I take Nebivolol , the lowest dose , for blood pressure. Due to stress I had a bit of high blood pressure for a while

so what happens when you go out in warm weather?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

In warm weather just the walking up hills/steps bit whilst exercising

All I know is my angina pain is the kind of chest pain that feels like the beginnings of a heart attack. Having had two, I know what it feels like. No throat tightening or anything of the sort. It's chest pain. It has happened during very stressful periods, while over-exerting myself and sometimes just out of the blue. When I feel it, I take a nitro pill, let it dissolve under my tongue and hope that it alleviates the pain. If it does, its just the angina, if it doesn't (which hasn't happened yet thank goodness) its off to the ER.

What you describe in conjunction with your age, medical tests as well as your post history leads me to believe its not angina. Besides, if it were really that bad, you wouldn't be posting on an anxiety forum and seeking reassurance (which I just gave you). You'd be off to the ER.

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 30-12-20 at 10:40.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Doesn't sound like angina to me either. That would give you chest pains.

Thanks for your reassurances. Much appreciated

It happened again last night.😞I was playing about with my daughter; jumping and dancing and after a few minutes I felt tired and throat sensations. Panic set in again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information