Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bony lump on the sternum end of the clavicle.

Re: Bony lump on the sternum end of the clavicle.

Quote Originally Posted by scared88 View Post
    I spoke with a doctor cause I wanted to have my BP measured, it was a bit high, but she said that the bone felt a bit weird compared to the other but no need to x ray. Just keep an eye on it if things get bigger or not.
    Well... we know what you'll be doing obsessively moving forward

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Well... we know what you'll be doing obsessively moving forward

FMP
    Which is? Seeing doctors? Well she said that I should try and have my BP read a few times cause I was 140something over 93 during the first measurement and then lower during the second. She thought it was probably due to me being anxious lately and that my heartbeat was strong and in a good rythm but still wants me to keep an eye on it.
    Regarding the bone she said it's probably just the bone and I have felt this before, but it might be a bit bigger now, I'm not sure. It's certainly tender, but that is probably from all the poking.

Quote Originally Posted by scared88 View Post
    Which is?
    Respectfully S88, more of the same pattern of HA behavior and posts since you've joined the forum. Who, under normal circumstances self-examines their sternum? Just two weeks ago it was your heart and before that lupus and a plethora of other unfounded fears before that. Been here long enough to recognize the HA pattern you exhibit it and it's clear as day

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

Well, I do have some higher than normal BP measurements from today so there is that in relation to my heart fear the other day. As to the bone, obviously I'm not in the habit of self checking my sternum or other bones, but this is a very superficial bump on a superficial bone so it's easy to just feel by accident when washing for instance. Finding a bump anywhere is troubling for someone who has had lymph node concerns for years, not so much now, but you can understand why a bump would trigger something in me and why I can jump to catastrophic thoughts such as bone cancer.
    I have sought therapy and I am on medication that help but I still get episode and sometimes come here looking for support and see if maybe somebody else has had the same things.

Your BP is up a bit due to your anxiety and you know that, and as far as reassurance?... A medical professional isn't concerned and being told your fear is unfounded several times should be all the reassurance you require but I guess it's up to you to accept.

Hope you feel better soon.

FMP
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 30-12-20 at 00:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Your BP is up a bit due to your anxiety and you know that, and as far as reassurance?... A medical professional isn't concerned and being told your fear is unfounded several times should be all the reassurance you require but I guess it's up to you to accept.

Hope you feel better soon.

FMP
    I had another measurement as per the doctors wishes yesterday. I was on edge and kinda anxious and the first reading was 154/84 but then after few minutes of breathing it was 141/79. I am focused on making some lifestyle changes regarding exercise and diet, my diet has been shocking since my dad passed away.

I legit have this and it freaked me out too. I think I posted about it here as well and got the same answers. Its normal anatomy and we aren’t symmetrical.

Quote Originally Posted by katniss View Post
    I legit have this and it freaked me out too. I think I posted about it here as well and got the same answers. Its normal anatomy and we aren’t symmetrical.
    What did your doctors say?

Im still a bit concerned about this lump on the clavicle. Its like the end of the left clavicle has maybe 2-3 mm spur or something like that right on the edge of the top side of the bone.

Scared88,

How can we help you? You've received some great advice so far. You know we aren't doctors and can't tell you what it is or isn't. We can absolutely tell you to challenge your thoughts, practice meditation, get some professional help and a litany of other tools to help with HA. If you're looking for a diagnosis or reassurance of what this could be, then I'm afraid we aren't much help.

Best Wishes

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information