Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bony lump on the sternum end of the clavicle.

Re: Bony lump on the sternum end of the clavicle.

Quote Originally Posted by NotDeadYet View Post
    Scared88,

How can we help you? You've received some great advice so far. You know we aren't doctors and can't tell you what it is or isn't. We can absolutely tell you to challenge your thoughts, practice meditation, get some professional help and a litany of other tools to help with HA. If you're looking for a diagnosis or reassurance of what this could be, then I'm afraid we aren't much help.

Best Wishes
    I'm looking if someone else has had this or similar. Figured that there would be a fairly decent chance here since everyone here is very aware of their bodies.

Scared88

Please see below for the answers you are seeking and have already received. At this point, my advice to you would be to tackle what's really happening. Your obsessing over something that, as FMP said, is a non-issue. You've even had a doctor tell you that. It's time to take a few deep breaths and challenge these thoughts when they come.

Quote Originally Posted by NotDeadYet View Post
    Sounds like perfectly normal anatomy to me as I'm quite similar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    This is truly a non-issue. We're asymmetrical by nature and we're not made of porcelain. Its a bone and bones can be and are lumpy. You admit your anxiety is ramped up and your HA is causing you to hyper-focus on your normal bodily anomalies. That's really the end of the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    For much of my adult life (I'm 55 now) I've been overweight and up until this year, obese. I've slimmed right down now which means I can feel my bones for the first time in many years. I was rather concerned about the lower portion of my sternum though, that appeared to end with thicker bone. I mentioned this to my Dad, who said he'd had a similar obsession with one of his ribs at one time. He is long past caring and is now 91.
    So I thought to myself, if my Dad can have a rib that didn't 'feel right' and yet live to be 91 (and still largely independent), I'm sure I can accept my body as not perfectly symmetrical. As Fishmanpa said above, that's how our bones are. There's nothing wrong with your bones, they're quite normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by scared88 View Post
    I spoke with a doctor cause I wanted to have my BP measured, it was a bit high, but she said that the bone felt a bit weird compared to the other but no need to x ray. Just keep an eye on it if things get bigger or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by katniss View Post
    I legit have this and it freaked me out too. I think I posted about it here as well and got the same answers. Its normal anatomy and we aren’t symmetrical.
    Best Wishes

Not a doctor or a psychologist, just a guy who's been to a lot of them.

Not quite sure what made him think it's a non-issue. The doctor told me not to worry but didn't say why, just felt it and said one side is indeed bigger but she didn't recommend any course of action. Maybe its just me being weird and having catastrophic thoughts.

What are you doing to treat your real illness?

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Well, I am on medication which do work but sometimes I get these episodes. I try to say to myself, like for this case, that it is very unilikey that it's a bone tumour, it's a rare site for it to happen and there is no family history of any cancer, especially at a young age. But it's hard to when you get an episode and look for information and realise that there is still a chance that it could be something bad.
    For years I had it bad with my lymph nodes, but that got better fairly quickly after I found more people, on here and elsewhere, that had similar or even the same symptoms I was having. I'm hoping that someone here is maybe familiar with this aswell. The spot on the affected bone sticks out maybe around 2-3 mm further than the same spot on the right bone. This wouldn't be concern to you or anyone else here?

The spot on the affected bone sticks out maybe around 2-3 mm further than the same spot on the right bone. This wouldn't be concern to you or anyone else here?
    Not even in the least! But I know that won't help you

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

Can I ask why you wouldn't be concerned about it? Information like this can indeed help.

Can I ask why you wouldn't be concerned about it?
    Nope Already told you why.

FMP

If it helps make you feel better, I’m pretty sure my bones are asymmetrical and one sticks out or is a little more pointy than the other. As much as my lymph nodes scare the crap out of me, this actually doesn’t because I can tell it’s just a bone.
    Last edited by Worrywart84; 12-01-21 at 01:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Worrywart84 View Post
    If it helps make you feel better, I’m pretty sure my bones are asymmetrical and one sticks out or is a little more pointy than the other. As much as my lymph nodes scare the crap out of me, this actually doesn’t because I can tell it’s just a bone.
    You're talking about your collarbones too?
    I know this is my bone or on my bone so it's not a lymph node and as such I'm not worrying about them but more about it being a bone tumour or some sorts.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information