Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Bony lump on the sternum end of the clavicle.

Re: Bony lump on the sternum end of the clavicle.

Quote Originally Posted by scared88 View Post
    Also, what's with this constant CBT peddling? What's the purpose of this forum if every single answer is "Seek therapy" or "CBT" ?
    Because we aren't therapists and cannot help you the way you need help. Clearly, as FMP just stated, you aren't being helped by any of us and your reassurance seeking behavior is unhelpful and unhealthy. A therapist can actually give you the help you need. This forum is to get support for health anxiety. You are seeking help for a non-existent medical condition. If you'd like help with your health anxiety, then we are more than willing to provide you with helpful techniques and solutions that have worked for us.

Best Wishes

Not a doctor or a psychologist, just a guy who's been to a lot of them.

I'm back. Again with sarcoma worries

I was here a couple of months ago with worries about my clavicle. There is a lump right on the end of the left clavicle, right about where the clavicle and sternum meet (or the manubrium). It's noticeable in the mirror and very palpable with fingers, can see it bulge out a bit when I turn my head and it moves up and down when I flap my arm. I think it could be a bit bigger than last time but I'm not sure. The lump feels bony and feels like part of the bone, but I feel like I can also feel a softer "extension" of the lump moving down between my sternum and ribs. Anyone know what I'm getting at? I am of course worrying that it's soft tissue or bone sarcoma in a very rare place.
    I saw a doctor a month or so ago for an unrelated issue and I brought this up, he felt it and suggested it was just a bony outgrowth and nothing to worry about. Following that I started looking into techniques to better manage my HA, my doctor does not want me to increase my fluoxetine dosage. But now I'm having a blip and some scary thoughts. Also my left clavicle feels and looks larger than my right one.
    Could this be arthritis or related to that? Anyone have any experiences with that on here? My posture isn't the best, sometimes in bed I lay on left side and play on the laptop with my head raised at an angle putting a lot of pressure and tension on the left side of the neck and shoulder. I'm hoping this is cause of that.

Hoping for some helpful responses!

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

There is also a tiny tiny little lump on the right clavicle too but that is not noticable through the skin. I ask you other anxiety people when do you guys get a second opinion about a lump?

Quote Originally Posted by scared88 View Post
    There is also a tiny tiny little lump on the right clavicle too but that is not noticable through the skin. I ask you other anxiety people when do you guys get a second opinion about a lump?
    If the previous 6 pages cannot reassure you, I don't know what else can be said. If you're really that concerned and can't let this go, it's your money and mental health

Added: Just an observation and suggestion. Your signature is an affirmation of what many here see as the real issue and just backs up and feeds your dragon. Something more positive might be better for you from a mental standpoint.

FMP
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 28-03-21 at 22:45.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information