Hi All,

My husband and I have been so careful this year - barely left the house (all shopping online etc). On Xmas Day we went to my inlaws for 10/15 minutes, stood 20ft away (at least), no masks but were outside the entire time.

My inlaws have just been tested positive for Covid. I'm now convinced we've caught it. Husband went for a test because I got myself in such a panic and I've then paid for two private tests to arrive in next day or so.

I know the chances are slim for us catching it being outside and 6 metres away but I cant stop thinking we've got it and in the next day or so are suddenly going to be very ill.

My husband is higher risk, and I think I might be too with previous health issues and overweight (am in my late 30s).

I'm obviously very worried for his parents but at the moment all I can think about is that we may have covid after spending the entire year inside and the panic is getting overwhelming.

Not much point to this post - Just want to be able to go see my mum but obviously cant risk her so now just stuck inside doing nothing, panicking constantly.

I've lost all rational thinking and I know I just have to wait and try and remain calm but I really dont know how to navigate this - I was ill a couple of years ago and im not sure I can cope with that again.

I know plenty of people are told to self isolate and they are completely fine - just need to keep telling myself that I guess :(