Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Exposure

Covid Exposure

Hi All,

My husband and I have been so careful this year - barely left the house (all shopping online etc). On Xmas Day we went to my inlaws for 10/15 minutes, stood 20ft away (at least), no masks but were outside the entire time.

My inlaws have just been tested positive for Covid. I'm now convinced we've caught it. Husband went for a test because I got myself in such a panic and I've then paid for two private tests to arrive in next day or so.

I know the chances are slim for us catching it being outside and 6 metres away but I cant stop thinking we've got it and in the next day or so are suddenly going to be very ill.

My husband is higher risk, and I think I might be too with previous health issues and overweight (am in my late 30s).

I'm obviously very worried for his parents but at the moment all I can think about is that we may have covid after spending the entire year inside and the panic is getting overwhelming.

Not much point to this post - Just want to be able to go see my mum but obviously cant risk her so now just stuck inside doing nothing, panicking constantly.

I've lost all rational thinking and I know I just have to wait and try and remain calm but I really dont know how to navigate this - I was ill a couple of years ago and im not sure I can cope with that again.

I know plenty of people are told to self isolate and they are completely fine - just need to keep telling myself that I guess :(

Re: Covid Exposure

Can I ask why you needed to pay for private tests?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi Nicola

Didn't need to pay for them I just didnt want to take up gov testing on me being neurotic so I thought best to get a couple of private tests ordered and then we can do those in a few days to be sure.

I hate the waiting so thought this was the best thing to do - they've not arrived yet - got them from a company online and wont be here until tomorrow then results take a few days so in hindsight not my best idea!

I went dog walking with a friend who'd just had a negative test. That evening she called to say her husband had received a positive test. 🙄 So they're going to test again. Both have relatively average cold like symptoms. Obs I'm now shut in on my own waiting on their results. Funny, three of us had a dreadful cold early December. We didn't get tested, as we were sure it was just a cold. So now wondering, have I already had it? Am I going to get it? How bad will it be? I'm 53, a little over weight, but no health issues, other than anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by ninniemouse View Post
    I went dog walking with a friend who'd just had a negative test. That evening she called to say her husband had received a positive test.  So they're going to test again. Both have relatively average cold like symptoms. Obs I'm now shut in on my own waiting on their results. Funny, three of us had a dreadful cold early December. We didn't get tested, as we were sure it was just a cold. So now wondering, have I already had it? Am I going to get it? How bad will it be? I'm 53, a little over weight, but no health issues, other than anxiety.
    I'm sure it's fine as you were both outside (need to learn to take my own advice there!)

A friend of mine just told me a friend of hers had a bad cold so she told her to go get tested and it was positive but she did also lose taste/smell so possibly not?

Who knows with this stupid thing - Im now second guessing everything - got my usual sinus congestion and tickly throat that I get all the time and im now convinced its not that and its corona and this is it.

The waiting that you have to do with this is seriously hard for people with anxiety

Hope everything is ok for you x

Thanks. My sister seemed to think we'd probably test positive with colds. I've seen mixed reports as to whether this is true or not. Take care. Xx

I had a test on the NHS and got the results 2 days later.

Are you sure the tests are completely legitimate from a reputable company?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I really think the loss of taste and smell is top of the list with covid.

There is SO much fear with this virus and I completely understand why, the odds are in your favor though for mild/moderate case that you can handle at home.

The not knowing is the devil for HA though, im sorry for that.

Thanks - but husband just tested positive so assume I am as well - sore throat and taste is a bit off but no appetite at all.

Very scared - health anxiety in full force and convinced we're both going to die from this. Im so angry as he's high risk and ive kept him safe all year and now this - im really scared xx

Quote Originally Posted by Squishchips View Post
    Thanks - but husband just tested positive so assume I am as well - sore throat and taste is a bit off but no appetite at all.

Very scared - health anxiety in full force and convinced we're both going to die from this. Im so angry as he's high risk and ive kept him safe all year and now this - im really scared xx
    You'll find a lot of understanding in this thread.. many of us have been there.

Let's count the days together, when did your symptoms start? When did your husband's? We can talk you through this...

Chances are in your favor that you will be fine but I know all to well the what ifs with be up and ready to fight any positive thoughts.

Please stay in touch and let us help you
    Last edited by NancyW; 29-12-20 at 20:39.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information