Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Exposure

Re: Covid Exposure

Quote Originally Posted by NancyW View Post
    You'll find a lot of understanding in this thread.. many of us have been there.

Let's count the days together, when did your symptoms start? When did your husband's? We can talk you through this...

Chances are in your favor that you will be fine but I know all to well the what ifs with be up and ready to fight any positive thoughts.

Please stay in touch and let us help you
    Bless you thank you I really would appreciate that - im spiralling quite heavily

My symptoms started today - sore throat. Had lack of appetite and blocked nose yesterday but I always have that from sinus and lack of appetite I think from anxiety. Today same thing not eaten much at all

Husband is fine so far - no symptoms apart from a slight blocked nose.

I do feel off - very scared and anxious. Just took a load of vitamin C and Zinc, Vitamin D and a propanolol to try and calm me. Not sure what else I can really do but any tips or help would be appreciated

Just keep thinking the worst :( xx

Right now, do all of things things you would do normally if you had a cold or flu.

Be gentle with yourself, there is a lot of anxiety with this that even people with no anxiety issues have.

I was in denial for the first couple days, then I was upset and angry. This pressure has been on us almost a year, many emotions that have been building all this time may surface.

Sounds like you'll both be in the house for awhile (10 days after symptom onset, no fever for at least 24 hours)

Do you have someone who could stock you up on beverages? Food?

Do you have a favorite television series? I watched the incredible dr pol. Kept me resting on the couch and my mind busy.

Will you get tested? We all did, it actually felt better knowing for sure and not guessing.

Right now, do all of things things you would do normally if you had a cold or flu.

Be gentle with yourself, there is a lot of anxiety with this that even people with no anxiety issues have.

I was in denial for the first couple days, then I was upset and angry. This pressure has been on us almost a year, many emotions that have been building all this time may surface.

Sounds like you'll both be in the house for awhile (10 days after symptom onset, no fever for at least 24 hours)

Do you have someone who could stock you up on beverages? Food?

Do you have a favorite television series? I watched the incredible dr pol. Kept me resting on the couch and my mind busy.

Will you get tested? We all did, it actually felt better knowing for sure and not guessing.
    Thank you very much, I appreciate all this - I have no appetite but will sort some food delivery - used to staying inside (Xmas day was the first day I left the house in weeks)

My fear is what is going to happen - am I going to have a mild case or will it be really bad? The thought of having to spend the day coughing etc is terrifying me and my husband getting sick is far too much for me to handle at moment. He's my entire world so this is my worst nightmare.

I will get tested but just not sure when or how - will look at it tomorrow and work out where I can go - I do have two home tests arriving so worst case I'll use those just to find out the positive/negative and then go on from there.

Cant stand the unknown and how terrifying this is, I know most people are fine and I just have to keep telling myself that and will look on here for stories if I can. The problem is I see a horror story and then think that'll be me or my husband and I break down xx

Quote Originally Posted by Squishchips View Post

My fear is what is going to happen - am I going to have a mild case or will it be really bad?

Cant stand the unknown and how terrifying this is
    Absolutely. This was the worst part. I was out of my mind worried about my son, my husband and myself. My younger son did not get it but he has anxiety and was so frightened. One day he said to me, I'm worried every day, my whole family has something that is killing people. I did my best to assure him each day, while we felt crappy, we were ok.

Honestly all 3 of us said we have been much sicker with other viruses, the fear and anxiety with covid was the worst part.

Let's take this one day at a time.

You're both ok today, (many people that get it bad get hit right away)

ox

Just in case you are wondering my husband and I are 61, our son is 31.

Just in case you are wondering my husband and I are 61, our son is 31.
    I really appreciate you taking the time to do this Nancy - thank you so much.

So far my husband has no symptoms, I just feel off - took a propanolol and threw up but apart from that sore throat and achy. Feel very queasy

4th/5th day since exposure - day 1 of symptoms I'll say

I'm hoping and praying my husband stays asymptomatic and that my case is mild - struggling as all I see is death and hospitalisation and our hospitals are all pretty full here. Just need to try and stay as calm as I can and focus on stories like yours.

I cant tell you how much I appreciate this - I am spiralling and this is really helping me - thank you very much

Hang in there, we'll do this together ❤

Hang in there, we'll do this together ❤
    Thank you - I am struggling tonight, feel very sick (from anxiety and propanolol I think) and congestion definitely getting worse. Feel like im just waiting for everything to be awful but thinking about it - it was 5 days from exposure before symptoms showed so have to take a positive from that maybe. I dont know

Not looking forward to this sleep - normally when im like this my husband would take care of me but I cant go near him. I'm hating this so much xx

Quote Originally Posted by Squishchips View Post
    I'm hating this so much xx
    I know :-( I'm sorry you're going through this.

Really struggling to sleep, anxiety has set in big time. Hate this point of the night when no one is awake and you end up spiralling. Just gone to worst case scenario without any logic. :(

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information