Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Covid Exposure

Re: Covid Exposure

Did your husband get an NHS test, Squishchips?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Did your husband get an NHS test, Squishchips?
    He did yes - booked him one the day we found out about his mum because I wanted to be sure he was safe. Figured better he goes on his own rather than the two of us in a car together just in case and then it came back positive the following day

It's incredibly bad luck and really makes you wonder whether being outside is as "safe" as they say it is..Obviously not.

I've always wondered whether enforced shielding actually lowers your immune response but what are you meant to do in these circumstances when you have a health condition in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    It's incredibly bad luck and really makes you wonder whether being outside is as "safe" as they say it is..Obviously not.

I've always wondered whether enforced shielding actually lowers your immune response but what are you meant to do in these circumstances when you have a health condition in the first place?
    I agree - my only hope is that the viral load is low and therefore safer - I dont know, my brain all over the place at the moment

It probably does - we've been so very careful but his niece also got positive (same scenario at their house in the garden) - not sure how far away they were there but they have a big garden so know it would be quite a distance.

I've always said minimum 20ft to be safe but im guessing this new strain with the right conditions that doesnt matter :(

I don't think you can speculate on this one..It's a question of dealing with what you've got. You can't predict and have no choice other than take it an hour at a time and try not to spiral into worst case scenario mindset because that will just exhaust you and you need to look after yourselves now.

In a way it's worse psychologically to know about the positive test because you wouldn't have given these mild symptoms a second thought this time last year. It'll be a stressful waiting game and nothing can make that any more bearable for you but keep posting and you'll get loads of support and advice from people who've been through covid and are now out the other side x

Thank you Pulisa appreciate it

I am getting a headache now so obviously mind whirling - even though I suffer with my sinuses quite a bit and this is all quite normal for me but who knows.

Trying to stay as positive as I can xx

I do know how you feel about this Squishchips... because I'd be exactly the same. Frightened at possible outcomes and at the same time, angry over how it happened and after all the effort made to stay safe. You really do have my sympathy.

Squishchips - you have my total admiration. I don't know whether that helps you, but you have it. I've heard people say that in November/December 2019 they had some 'weird kind of flu'. Of course then, they had never heard of covid so just shrugged it off. You will shrug this off too!!

Thinking of you both

Thank you very much Fishman and Pamplemousse, I really appreciate it

Had a major wobble last night - got a headache and immediately panicked and then had a panic attack which made me feel awful.

Woken up this morning with a headache and some nausea - no idea if panic, covid, or god knows what. My husband not awake yet so just hoping he has another day of no symptoms.

This is such a scary time and I am really struggling today - no one awake so worst time of the day to be panicky.

Just have to be positive - Day 7 since exposure so halfway through

It's a very long day and night when you're on the alert..There is always someone here to talk to though.

Day 7 is much better than Days1-6 and 1 day nearer to recovery. I'd try to rest as much as you can because there's nothing else you can do. Phone friends and chat about normal stuff? When this is over you'll be free to get on with your lives x

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information