Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
Eh, it was a really weird Chanukah and Xmas this year due to Covid, but I'm not going to complain. I'm alive; I've got a job and food on the table; a room over my head and my family is safe. That's more than a lot of others have this year.
Same here. We've been very lucky. Covid isn't affecting our lives much at all other than in delays in shipping stuff from the mainland. We've had no community transmission since June.

Is there some kind of BBB in Tasmania? Report that builder's ass and sue him if you can.
Oh, no need for that. There have been no issues with the structural work and they will be finishing that. The problems are with the fit out, insulation, appliances, floor coverings, paint, etc. They seem to operate on a cookie-cutter model where you can have anything you want as long as it's in their limited range, i.e. the Henry Ford 'you can have any colour you want as long as it's black' model. There's also been some price padding, but I think i got through that I don't come down in the last shower, nor is this my first rodeo. Plus, my lawyer is keep busy enough as it is fending off defamation suites.