Thread: Worried about covid exposure?

Worried about covid exposure?

I live with my parents and siblings, and my brother just went out to hang out with friends. He said he would wear a mask, but I'm scared he didn't and just said whatever my fam and I needed to hear. And so now I'm so scared that he brought covid home and it's only a matter of time before everyone gets sick. I'm so so scared of this virus, and I'm probably just going to spend the next several days hiding/ isolating in my room trying to avoid risking transmission.

Re: Worried about covid exposure?

Hey, so first where was your brother hanging out? Was he outside or inside? We should all be limiting our contacts, so maybe try to have another chat with him about how anxious it's made you and how important it is to not be hanging around with people much during this time.

However, theres no reason to presume he has covid unless one of his friends tests positive. It may happen, but it also may very well not. It sounds like as a whole your family are limiting social events, and the more you limit them the less at risk you'll be.

Finally, if you do all get covid, it is likely to be mild. Do any of you have pre existing conditions? I currently have covid and while it's not great and I do get anxious, I know that my risks of complications are low and I'll most likely be ok.

I know how anxiety provoking it can feel, I've worried a lot at different points this year, but try to focus on the huge likelihood of you all being fine.

Thread Information