Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Can’t go on

Re: Can’t go on

I think having a focus would be a significant help. Unstructured time to fill gives anxiety and rumination a green light. Far better to have some structure and routine in your day to make you feel safer and to give you a sense of purpose.

If you are able to access private therapy then I certainly would. It would be a good investment for future episodes and you will feel that you are doing something productive and beneficial for your mental health.

I used to live in Clifton when I was a student there many moons ago..Bristol is a great place!

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I think having a focus would be a significant help. Unstructured time to fill gives anxiety and rumination a green light. Far better to have some structure and routine in your day to make you feel safer and to give you a sense of purpose.

If you are able to access private therapy then I certainly would. It would be a good investment for future episodes and you will feel that you are doing something productive and beneficial for your mental health.

I used to live in Clifton when I was a student there many moons ago..Bristol is a great place!
    Yes Bristol is a good place to live - particularly in the days when you could go to gigs and restaurants. I imagine you used to hang out Whiteladies rd then? that’s where I work.

I’m going to look into therapy options today, I have some savings available and would like to start ASAP.

Woke up 4 again today so feeling very bad again. Just had a long cry with my daughter who was watching snowman and the snow dog, not sure why that set me off. Long day ahead.

I thought everybody cried at Snowman and the Snow Dog? I know I do.

Good luck searching for a therapist, I hope you can find somebody who works well with you - it can be a complete gamechanger.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I do, every time.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post

Good luck searching for a therapist, I hope you can find somebody who works well with you - it can be a complete gamechanger.
    Yeah I know! It wasn’t even the sad bits that set me off. Just the snowmen having fun.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Polite View Post
    Yeah I know! It wasn’t even the sad bits that set me off. Just the snowmen having fun.

Thanks!
    I know of a nervously exhausted man who cried his heart out at the sight of a slightly manky tomato in his fridge...

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    I know of a nervously exhausted man who cried his heart out at the sight of a slightly manky tomato in his fridge...
    And that’s why you shouldn’t keep tomatoes in the fridge.🙂

Absolutely not!! Ruins the flavour!

Have you seen "Grandpa"? That's an even worse tearjerker..

Whiteladies Road and Blackboy Hill.Those names must have been changed by now?!

I lived in Sion Hill..Opposite the suspension bridge. In an attic flat though!

Definitely have a look at your options re therapy. Finding the right person could make all the difference and you would have the luxury of choice given that you are opting for the private route.

Having another really hard day. Lack of sleep is really doing me in. Feel so mentally exhausted and have nothing left. And I still can’t stop crying. Does anyone have experience with citaloptam? I’ve been taking it for four years, i was on 20 but reduced down to 10 3 months ago. Increased it back up to 20 3 weeks ago. I was feeling bad before but no where near in compArison. I’m worried that It has stopped working for me.
    I spoke to a therapist today but I mainly cried for an hour trying to explain how I felt.

I'm a citalopram zealot, yes, but I know these things do stop working sometimes. I know people who've had a lot of success switching from citalopram to escitalopram, though - it's a very similar med but you can go up to higher doses.

Really sorry you're feeling so awful, I can remember those days when I didn't stop crying for a week on end. Better days are coming, though, and I hope they'll be with you soon.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information