Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Can’t go on

Re: Can’t go on

Thanks Pulisa, your post was v helpful. I took some diazepam and had a short nap this afternoon and feel slightly less desperate. My local community team also called me for a chat and we created a crisis plan together.

It’s good to people have felt this bad and come out the other side. I really struggle when I don’t feel in control, both with my thoughts and feelings and in life in general. Which is probably why the current situation has impacted me So much as I’ve been feeling very trapped for the last couple of months. And now I feel trapped in my head.

J

This "trapped" feeling is very common though. I'm glad you have a crisis plan in place and I think it's very important that you take the diazepam regularly over the long weekend. Remember that you can call the crisis line at any time because they are open on a 24/7 basis.

You need to take it purely a day at a time and not think too far ahead because you WILL feel out of control then..as we all would.

I take it you're struggling with your little girl...but when your concentration is all over the place and you're highly anxious and can't think straight it's hardly surprising. Try to recoup some sleep and eat little and often. Take things slowly and don't berate yourself? It's horrible getting through the endless hours like this but the diazepam WILL help..

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Polite View Post
    Yes you are right, jojo. I know they are always there for me which I definitely appreciate.
    Walk was ok, I desperately tried to focus on my surroundings, but I end up feeeling quite tearful. I normally love going to the lake near where I live, it’s my chill place, but when you can’t connect it feels upsetting to me. Thanks
    Don't worry about not being able to connect. You can't when you take your ruminations with you and the anxiety is too acute. You'll get back to being able to enjoy your chill place but don't expect too much at the moment. This episode WILL pass.

Thank you both, your words of encouragement and understanding have been really helpful and made me feel less alone with this. I really appreciate it.

Just keep on keeping on Mr P. What are you doing this evening?

Will do, I’ve just been practicing the piano, it’s one of the only things that holds my attention at the mo. Hope you have a good eve.

Anything which holds your attention, Mr P..and what a wonderful talent you have! Sounds very therapeutic.

Happy New Year to you and yours and things are going to get better for you..

Piano sounds like excellent therapy. Clears the mind of anything else. Keep playing

Hello. Happy new year. I’m feeling slightly calmer today. Managed to go to the park with my daughter this morning. And did 30 mins meditation. Still getting regular overwhelming pangs but trying hard not to react. Speaking on here yesterday definitely helped me. Thanks. One day at a time!

So glad you're feeling a little better. Sometimes baby steps are what it takes.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information