Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Can’t go on

Re: Can’t go on

Quote Originally Posted by WILLIAMthedude View Post
    Hey,

I understand how debilitating these things can be. I think the trick is to infuse your thinking with constructive and meaningful thoughts. Score your imagination and inner-monologue with beautiful and satisfying imagery and ambitions. We sometimes allow our minds to free-write dismal inner-monologues and feel stuck but these thoughts are not the status-quo and shouldn't be entertained. You're a vibrant, charismatic, and important person. Recognise your skills and abilities and set yourself benchmarks for purposeful actions. Pursue hobbies and interests that appeal to you.

There's more to be said.

By all means, reach out on william_taylor@hotmail.co.uk

Happy to discuss it further with you.
    What's with the C&P invites?

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hi all
    I haven't posted for a while, trying hard to move on doing Acceptance Commitment Therapy, but I keep getting weeks of real difficulty. This one has been particularly bad where the fear and depression are completely overwhelming all day. I've had to call the crisis line quite a lot. My family are all really worried, even my therapist said I need to perhaps re-refer to crisis team. With therapy and meds being used, I am feeling even more desperate at times as I feel like I there's nothing I can do to help myself. I am to expecting a magic cure, and Im trying to keep going with stuff and be there fore the people that need me, but life feels nothing but pain right now.
    Jonny

There is always a better tomorrow to look forward to. Covid has caused a horrible state for everyone, but once it clears, there are so many thins to look forward to. Think ahead, and not in the past ^^

I wish I could feel this way, I really do. I try. But my mind is screaming ‘I need help now’. And so I can’t see any future at the moment. I don’t see any way out.

I'm sorry you're feeling so rotten right now. You'll be in my thoughts today.

I take it the crisis line are pretty useless and are fobbing you off with platitudes?

I would advise talking to your GP today and getting him to assess whether you need to be referred back to the home treatment team or whatever service you have locally? Are you having regular access to your Community MH team? If so there will be a duty doctor you can ring today.

Thanks P. I’ve tried every avenue. The community team did a triage call a few days ago and now I have a follow up appointment in 3 weeks. My gp is away and the others have just said to wait for community team. I feel like I am buried under a fallen building and everyone I turn to in the nhs just walks away. I just cry all day. I’m so frightened. I don’t know where to turn.

Have you called your local branch of MIND? Apologies if I'm being stupid here, but they may be able to point you towards non-NHS services either for free or that you'd have to pay for.

I take it you're frightened of your thoughts? It's horrible trying to get through the hours like this. Can you talk to your partner about what you are thinking? Really talk to her..

I'd also suggest that you write down everything you are thinking and feeling in a notebook. Just get it out of your head and let her read it.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread Information