Thread: Anxiety/ibs/food intolerance/WORSE??!

Anxiety/ibs/food intolerance/WORSE??!

Long time lurker, first time poster. These threads have been a huge comfort and makes me feel so much less alone. Thanks fellow anxious peeps!
    The last 6 weeks have been pretty brutal. Hideous tummy, loose bms, insomnia, horrific gas ..all that fun.
    Tested for bloods, stool sample etc, all ok and doc seems unconcerned. Why is it that I cant shake the worry that its something more? Is it just a vicious circle?
    Help!

Re: Anxiety/ibs/food intolerance/WORSE??!

Hi Kitty,

It’s the nature of anxiety that means you can’t accept the good news. You always wonder if they missed something or if it happened after they took the tests.

It sounds like it could be anxiety related. Do you keep a good diary at all? Or even just a diary to check when symptoms are worse?

What do you think it is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Scass, anxiety is a b*
    Ugh, and I was doing so much better and things seemed to be improving. Then I saw what looked like blood on tp. I had eaten lots of red peppers and there seemed to be teeny bits of undigested peppers...could that appear like a red smear?
    Spoke to dr who seemed to think I was over reacting and was completely unconcerned and didnt recommend any further action..
    I can feel myself starting to panic again :(

Quote Originally Posted by kitty99 View Post
    Long time lurker, first time poster. These threads have been a huge comfort and makes me feel so much less alone. Thanks fellow anxious peeps!
    The last 6 weeks have been pretty brutal. Hideous tummy, loose bms, insomnia, horrific gas ..all that fun.
    Tested for bloods, stool sample etc, all ok and doc seems unconcerned. Why is it that I cant shake the worry that its something more? Is it just a vicious circle?
    Help!
    Negative bias cocker. It's very much 'a thing' and it's there to keep us alive- except that we don't use it the way it was intended when we were in danger of being scoffed by big bugger animals in our cave dwelling days.

Reality is that if there was anything seriously wrong with your digestive system, you wouldn't have clear bloods, FIT tests etc.

Time to accept that the problem is your anxiety, and anxiety can absolutely cause bloating, loose BMs (and the other way) gas - you name it!

I have a lot of success with ginger tea for nausea and peppermint tea for bloating.

You're ok kitty. X

Hello Kitty and wow, your situation sounds a bit similar to mine. I just provided a little update on my post, but in short, I too have had stomach and gas problems for nearly 6 weeks now, too. How odd.

And yes, red peppers totally show up. I always have to remind myself when I eat pizza or something with red peppers that I WILL always see red film looking streaks soon. Also for me eating spaghetti sauce gives everything a red tint when it comes out. I had a week where I was eating chili leftovers for lunch and it stayed reddish for days. I panicked until I stopped eating the chili then the normal brown came back!

Thread Information