Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Years Resolutions

New Years Resolutions

Not real sure where this topic will fall - I’ll start with “misc”, and Nic I’m sorry if you have to move me

I find that when I make “resolutions” for New Years they always seem to fail. So I’ve decided this year I’m going to set some “goals” instead.

1. Lose weight. Been a long time coming, I’m heavier now than I’ve ever been. I truly feel if I can get some of this weight off, many of my HA obsessions may fade. We’ll see! But it’s goal #1.

2. Quit Vaping. I stopped smoking 2 years and 1 month ago. So now it’s past time to start weaning off the nicotine altogether. I’ve noticed many health benefits to quitting smoking. So hopefully more will come with quitting vaping too.

those are all I have for now. Do you guys make resolutions?

Re: New Years Resolutions

I used to, but haven't in a while. I also like to do more general ideas/themes. This year my theme is healing. I put off my fibroid surgery last summer because I was too scared. Now my fibroids are even bigger and causing me almost constant pain. This year has been so hard with homeschooling and my own law school and just all the stress and fear and pressure. So, I decided to take my spring semester off, schedule my surgery, and spend most of 2021 healing in every way possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ErinKC View Post
    This year my theme is healing.
    Me too. Serious effort. Body and mind.

My New Year's resolution is exercise!
    Some of those gruelling moves that bring you out in a sweat and results in sitting down for a couple of hours afterwards, lol.
    It's been a mindset tradition to have resolutions in the New Year, but do they stick? Of course they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Some of those gruelling moves that bring you out in a sweat and results in sitting down for a couple of hours afterwards, lol.
    That's hoovering, for me.

Isn't it just Nora. x

Quote Originally Posted by ErinKC View Post
    I used to, but haven't in a while. I also like to do more general ideas/themes. This year my theme is healing. I put off my fibroid surgery last summer because I was too scared. Now my fibroids are even bigger and causing me almost constant pain. This year has been so hard with homeschooling and my own law school and just all the stress and fear and pressure. So, I decided to take my spring semester off, schedule my surgery, and spend most of 2021 healing in every way possible.
    I like that, Erin!! Healing is a great one. Will send positive thoughts your way to help encourage that surgery. No one deserves to be in that much constant pain - I totally understand the worry over a surgery especially during the pandemic. But you’ll feel so much better once it’s done!

Mrs. C and Nora - good plan on the exercise. That’s a tough one for me as I tend to have HA flares because to me an increased heart rate = panic attack (tends to make me feel as though there’s something wrong with my heart, setting off anxiety). I know it’s irrational, as this is what my heart is meant to do. But anxiety is rarely rational. I may try to start slow and see if I can work my way up to a good workout.

Definitely won’t involve hoovering. I absolutely hate vacuuming haha. Luckily for me my husband loves it.

I never make resolutions other than resolving to get through each day! That's certainly a challenge at the moment!

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Me too. Serious effort. Body and mind.
    Yes - Body AND mind!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information