Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cymbalta for health anxiety

Cymbalta for health anxiety

Has anyone taken cymbalta and if so how was/is it? I’m debating against it based on the horrible withdrawal stories.

Re: Cymbalta for health anxiety

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I can’t do meds myself. Have tried a couple of them and I just can’t do it. However - my mom takes Cymbalta as part of her fibromyalgia meds. She’s gone on and off of them several times. Now - it should be noted that is a horrible idea. But, she does it anyway. She’s never mentioned much in the way of withdrawal issues.

IÂ’ve tried a lot. This is my last one IÂ’m trying. Thank you for the reply

Cymbalta is a good AD

Luke any psych drug, you wont get any withdrawal symptoms if you withdraw slowly

Quote Originally Posted by Anxiety218 View Post
    Has anyone taken cymbalta and if so how was/is it? I’m debating against it based on the horrible withdrawal stories.
    The SNRIs can be harder to quit than other ADs because of their short half-lives. An added difficulty with duloxetine is it is destroyed by stomach acids so can only be taken in enteric coated capsules which prevents weaning off by small dose reductions. The solution is to switch to the very long half-life fluoxetine (Prozac) and then weaning off it.

IÂ’ve tried a lot. This is my last one IÂ’m trying
    What other ADs have you tried, what was the maximum dose you took and for how long were you on that dose?

I've just been prescribed this for abdo pain as a muscle relaxant? But also my GP says it's used a lot with fibromyalgia. I have chemical sensitivity though and every drug I've tried (aside co-codamol) I've been taken off them due to the severity of the side effects. I've held off trying the drug because of Christmas, and I'm still making excuses not to take one of the buggers. Mind you, the abdo pain (which is why I'm trying it in the first place) has been a tolerable 2/10 since I saw my GP..

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    I've just been prescribed this for abdo pain as a muscle relaxant? But also my GP says it's used a lot with fibromyalgia. I have chemical sensitivity though and every drug I've tried (aside co-codamol) I've been taken off them due to the severity of the side effects. I've held off trying the drug because of Christmas, and I'm still making excuses not to take one of the buggers. Mind you, the abdo pain (which is why I'm trying it in the first place) has been a tolerable 2/10 since I saw my GP..

Fibromyalgia runs in my family and I’m currently going through ruling everything else out in order to be diagnosed. That’s why she decided it would be better then lexapro for me. First night I took it 5 hours ago and I feel nauseous and can’t sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    The SNRIs can be harder to quit than other ADs because of their short half-lives. An added difficulty with duloxetine is it is destroyed by stomach acids so can only be taken in enteric coated capsules which prevents weaning off by small dose reductions. The solution is to switch to the very long half-life fluoxetine (Prozac) and then weaning off it.

What other ADs have you tried, what was the maximum dose you took and for how long were you on that dose?

I’ve tried Zoloft, Prozac, buspar, Hydrozine, Wellbutrin, and now cymbalta.

At first they didn’t even want to put me on a AD as they thought I could manage with just hydrozine as needed and counseling. She still only wants me on this for no more then a year. I’m under a lot of stress which triggers my HA. I get married in three months and on top of the pandemic I work in healthcare and it’s all just a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    I've just been prescribed this for abdo pain as a muscle relaxant?
    Can say I've heard of using duloxetine for muscle related muscle pain, but who know. ADs can affect some muscles and the gut's enteric nervous system has some control over gut muscles.

But also my GP says it's used a lot with fibromyalgia.
    Most ADs have positive effects on neuropathic pain, but I'd be taking low doses of one of the TCAs rather than a SNRI. Amitriptyline at 10-25mg seems to be the most prescribed TCA for this.

Mind you, the abdo pain (which is why I'm trying it in the first place) has been a tolerable 2/10 since I saw my GP..
    Maybe you don't even need to take it to get a positive response, the treat of doing so alone might be enough. The placebo effect in reverse.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information