Thread: Piles/pruritus ani

Piles/pruritus ani

Suffered from what I think are hemorrhoids for the past 3 years on and off but over the last 2 months, they basically have been present constantly. Itchy anus and irritation are main symptoms. Have tried OTC creams with not much relief. Thinking about trying garlic steam as I’m very desperate for a treatment. Anyone else suffer for this long? I’m getting tired of always having itchiness and irritation. I know in the past I was constantly constipated so I’ve started taking fiber which has helped my stools become more bulked and regular.

Re: Piles/pruritus ani

You can get steriod creams and suppositories from a doctor so maybe try them.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Blood on toilet paper after bowel movement

After a bowel movement today, I noticed a streak of blood on the toilet paper after I wiped. The blood went away after 2 wipes. I recently was seen by my GP who said that I have small internal piles and prescribed me hydrocortisone suppository and I used it for the first time last night. The blood on the toilet paper was more than I've usually seen, so can the suppository have caused more bleeding? I'm spiraling into CRC worries even though I'm too young for a colonoscopy.

Blood on toilet paper after bowel movement

After a bowel movement today, I noticed a streak of blood on the toilet paper after I wiped. The blood went away after 2 wipes. I recently was seen by my GP who said that I have small internal piles and prescribed me hydrocortisone suppository and I used it for the first time last night. The blood on the toilet paper was more than I've usually seen, so can the suppository have caused more bleeding? I'm spiraling into CRC worries even though I'm too young for a colonoscopy.

Re: Blood on toilet paper after bowel movement

no it wont cause more bleeding but could have "upset" the piles.

Watch and see what happens. No need to panic and sprial

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I'm not sure if the suppository could cause more bleeding but that doesn't seem impossible. If the doctor already confirmed you have hemorrhoids than try not to worry about that. She would've had to do an exam and would've felt any polyps in the process. Toilet paper streaks are very commonly hemorrhoids but for sure scary to see. It should go away in a week or so I think.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

I sympathise so much. I have had both pruritus ani for years and piles. Sometimes together sometimes separately. It is depressing but I've found anxiety makes it worse. My advise; don't use soap, take salt water baths, get some steroid cream for the short term as overuse can make things worse. I also find castor oil good to keep the skin in good condition. Ice can also help. Wrap some in a cloth and keep in the area for a few minutes. Cotton underwear is also important. A cream called Anacare was also effective. Wash the area with dermosol or any emolient cream that you can buy or have prescribed.

There is only one cream for the itching its Calmoseptine. you can buy it at Walgreens

Thread Information