Thread: Bashed boob now lump

Bashed boob now lump

Hi ladies , I managed to drop a box on myself over Xmas , the corner smashed into my boob - few days later horrendous bruise , and on feeling a lump ? Am quite “lumpy “ anyway and thus one doesn’t feel that hard or anything. But I’m worried, it wasn’t there before but is centre of bruise ( which is only green now lol ) .

Is it possible the bashing I gave it caused lump? Obviously if it’s still there in a week or so will get it checked anyway. But I don’t want to consult dr google . Help ??

Re: Bashed boob now lump

I had something similar happen a few years ago when I was pregnant. My husband was facing the other way in bed, and put his elbow out to brace himself to turn over. He leaned his elbow right on my boob and I ended up with a big bruise and a perfectly symmetrical lump under the bruise. I saw a midwife and a GP about it, it was just the bruise that caused it. I’m sure it’s the same for you

Thank you worrywart . If it was anywhere else I wouldn't think anything of it. And someone without health anxiety probably wouldn't either ! Why are boobs such a source of anxiety, it gets drummed into us doesn't it . X

Hey worrywart . I don't suppose you can recall how long lump took to go away ?? No worries if not . Thanks x

I can’t remember exactly, but a decent few weeks - like 2-4. I worried every single day, but when the GP saw it and examined it she woudn’t even send me for an ultrasound. She said that because the lump was right under the bruise and it felt symmetrical like a ball it had to just be where I was hit. I hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Nohelp View Post
    Hi ladies , I managed to drop a box on myself over Xmas , the corner smashed into my boob - few days later horrendous bruise , and on feeling a lump ? Am quite “lumpy “ anyway and thus one doesn’t feel that hard or anything. But I’m worried, it wasn’t there before but is centre of bruise ( which is only green now lol ) .

Is it possible the bashing I gave it caused lump? Obviously if it’s still there in a week or so will get it checked anyway. But I don’t want to consult dr google . Help ??
    closed one of mine in a filing cabinet at work once. Let me tell you, that was seriously uncomfortable and several choice words were said. Loudly. Lol.

anyway, left behind a good size bruise and a terrific bump for a couple weeks. I wouldn’t panic. This is totally normal trauma to a pretty soft tissue area. No different than banging your shin on the coffee table - always leaves behind a lump for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Worrywart1234 View Post
    I can’t remember exactly, but a decent few weeks - like 2-4. I worried every single day, but when the GP saw it and examined it she woudn’t even send me for an ultrasound. She said that because the lump was right under the bruise and it felt symmetrical like a ball it had to just be where I was hit. I hope this helps
    Ok thanks yea mine feels like a ball too xx

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    closed one of mine in a filing cabinet at work once. Let me tell you, that was seriously uncomfortable and several choice words were said. Loudly. Lol.

anyway, left behind a good size bruise and a terrific bump for a couple weeks. I wouldn’t panic. This is totally normal trauma to a pretty soft tissue area. No different than banging your shin on the coffee table - always leaves behind a lump for a bit.
    ha I will panic tho, it's my specialty ��, ps. Were you filing it under B ? X

Quote Originally Posted by Nohelp View Post
    ha I will panic tho, it's my specialty ��, ps. Were you filing it under B ? X
    Ironically, no. Lol. Was the second drawer down on a 4 drawer system - so was probably closer to “F”, for - well, you can imagine what I was screaming.

Thread Information