Thread: What daily dose do you take and how? Pls

What daily dose do you take and how? Pls

I'm currently taking 100mg three times per day. I have been taking Pregabalin at this dose since mid December. I've now been told I can increase up to 125mg three times a day then after eight weeks increase to 150mgs three times a day.

As per title, what dose do people take? and does 375mg per day with the option of going to 450mg seem like a lot to you?

Ta

Re: What daily dose do you take and how? Pls

Sorry, I've been on Pregabalin since the back end of 2019, but been on my current dose of 300mg since December 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by BikerMatt View Post
    I'm currently taking 100mg three times per day. I have been taking Pregabalin at this dose since mid December. I've now been told I can increase up to 125mg three times a day then after eight weeks increase to 150mgs three times a day.

As per title, what dose do people take? and does 375mg per day with the option of going to 450mg seem like a lot to you?
    The maximum recommended daily dose for healthy adults is 600mg for immediate-release in 2-3 divided doses, or 660mg for slow/extended-release.

Is this for anxiety and if so is it the only med you're taking for it, Matt?

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    The maximum recommended daily dose for healthy adults is 600mg for immediate-release in 2-3 divided doses, or 660mg for slow/extended-release.

Is this for anxiety and if so is it the only med you're taking for it, Matt?
    I take 30mg Mirtazapine also PDU and Pregabalin is for anxiety and to treat vestibular migraines.

I didn't know they came in immediate release and slow release, but it has always come as Pregabalin hard capsules, which I guess must be slow release?

I take 30mg Mirtazapine also PDU and Pregabalin is for anxiety and to treat vestibular migraines.
    I thought you'd also be on mirtazapine. It seems to be a popular combination in the UK for some reason. How long have you taken 300mg pregabalin and is the dose being increased because it is losing effectiveness?

I didn't know they came in immediate release and slow release, but it has always come as Pregabalin hard capsules, which I guess must be slow release?
    Pregabalin is prescribed for a wide range of conditions, either alone, or in multi med formulations such as with nortriptyline and/or vitamin B12 for neuropathic pain. For anxiety is is usually slow-release.

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    I thought you'd also be on mirtazapine. It seems to be a popular combination in the UK for some reason. How long have you taken 300mg pregabalin and is the dose being increased because it is losing effectiveness?

Pregabalin is prescribed for a wide range of conditions, either alone, or in multi med formulations such as with nortriptyline and/or vitamin B12 for neuropathic pain. For anxiety is is usually slow-release.
    So sorry PDU I totally missed your reply.

I've been on 300 since the start of December 2020.
    Ive been upping by 25mg a week for the last two weeks, so I'm up to 350mg and will go to 375mg this week.

It's a tricky one on effectiveness as my anxiety is less than when I started it, but it is prescribed to help me with vestibular migraines also that make me dizzy 24/7 so try not be an anxious mess whilst being dizzy 24/7, so it's a double edged sword.

It's a tricky one on effectiveness as my anxiety is less than when I started it, but it is prescribed to help me with vestibular migraines also that make me dizzy 24/7 so try not be an anxious mess whilst being dizzy 24/7, so it's a double edged sword.
    There isn't that much information about pregabalin for vestibular migraine so it'll be interesting to see how it works for you, Matt. If it also blocks anxiety that'll be an excellent result.

Thread Information