Thread: Growth on palm

Growth on palm

So today I have started obsessing about a tiny growth on my palm again. It's been there for about a year and hasn't changed but every now and then I get annoyed and start picking it and then panic about it. It's near the edge (heel) of my hand. I asked about it when I last got a skin check and the doc looked at it quickly through the eye glass thing said it's probably just a wart. I don't know what else I think it is (it's skin coloured so I don't think it's a cancer), but I cannot shake the fear that it's something bad. Anyone had a wart on their palm? If I punctured my palm with a pen, that's the size it is. It's only just raised enough for me to pick at it.

Re: Growth on palm

Yup I have a wart on the palm of my hand.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Sounds like I wart, and reassuring that it hasn’t changed in a year. If it was nasty something would getting worse bubble. But I had a few few years back and ended up just getting them dry iced off as they were annoying me.

I’ve had something like that on my palm for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Nessajane
    Firstly I sympathize with what you are going through. I cant say what this thing you have is but what I will say is that if a doctor has examined it and not thought too much of it, then its probably nothing serious. If of course its gotten bigger or changed in appearance and is stressing you out or giving you anxiety, then go and get a second opinion or at least an action plan of how to get rid of it. Ie cream, dry ice etc.

I have a tiny wart-like bump on one of the lines of my right hand, and the dermatologist says it's a keratin plug. It has stayed the same for years. One thing I found when doing a lot of research one weekend when I was worried about a skin problem on my palm is that skin cancer on the palms is super, super rare, and limited to people who work with farm chemicals without proper protection.

Thread Information