Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Medication phobia and vaccine

Medication phobia and vaccine

I have a phobia about any type of medication and even struggle to take vitamins.

Just the thought of having the vaccination sends me into a panic.

I live with a conspiracy theory addict who tries to feed me all sorts about what "they" are going to inject into us, which doesn't help at all!

But it's not even that that scares me. More what the side effects of the vaccination will be.

I live in South Africa and I expect it'll be a while before we get vaccinated here so I reason that I have plenty of time to hear how the rest of the world react. But then people post what weird symptoms they're experiencing after they get it. That just adds fuel to my phobia.
    Last edited by Beckybecks; 08-01-21 at 13:37. Reason: Spelling

Re: Medication phobia and vaccine

I'm not an expert, but I did read quite a lot about it at the end of last year. Long term effects aren't really a thing with vaccines, as they are only a one or two dose medication. Short term effects have all been covered in the clinical trials (the same amount of people have been tested in these as for other vaccines).

The reason it was quicker was because there has been more of a concentrated effort to get it out, plus they already have similar models of vaccines for diseases like SARS. they also had a lot less red tape to cross, which is the main part of vaccines.

My gran has had 2 doses of Pfizer now, and she has had no side effects. I've heard some people have mild side effects, but I haven't heard of anything that strange and nothing that didn't subside.

I really would recommend reading some scientists explain it all properly. Off the top of my head, science.sam on Instagram is involved in the vaccines and speaks about their safety a lot.

Thank you very much for that info. It definitely helps

Beckybecks, ignore the person telling you stories about how the pandemic and vaccines are a plot to enslave us all. The pandemic is real, the virus is real and the vaccine will not contain any tracking devices. The people telling you conspiracy theories are the people that will keep this pandemic going.

Thank you fishman65.
    I try very hard to ignore it but it's coming from my husband!!! And when you're locked down with someone who is constantly feeding you all these theories they can almost become believable.
    Mostly I can laugh at all the rubbish that is being fed to people on social media, but now and then, when I'm feeling a bit fragile, my mind says "what if...."

Quote Originally Posted by Beckybecks View Post
    Thank you fishman65.
    I try very hard to ignore it but it's coming from my husband!!!
    Does your husband carry a mobile phone? If so, he's being tracked. If it's a smartphone, it knows exactly where he is, right now and is giving his GPS coordinates to Google/Apple. Even if he has location services off, phone masts can triangulate his position.

And if he's reading all this crap off YouTube, Facebook or whatever - does he ask who's controlling him? Because he's not showing any signs of free thinking from where I'm sitting - he's just following someone else's (misguided) agenda, or in other words -he's being controlled.

He won't take his phone with him when he goes out!
    He's absolutely convinced he's right although of course it's all been learnt from YouTube and Facebook. But after 8 months of constant studying he knows it all. There's no telling him otherwise I'm afraid. I have to just ignore it to keep the peace.

He won't take his phone with him when he goes out!
    Doesn't that rather negate the idea of a mobile phone then?

I 100% understand where you’re coming from with the medication phobia. Shoot, I don’t even get a flu shot because I’m scared it will give me the flu.

Ive spent a lot of time researching these vaccines because there was so much conflicting info being shared everywhere. So, I went to the source and read the clinical trial data reports that are publicly available. All 96 pages of the Pfizer doc lol. A real page turner. I’ve also listen to a few trusted physicians in my area give their opinions on it. As a result of that research - I absolutely will be getting the Covid vaccination. And have zero concerns about it.

I think it’s important to do your own research from reputable sources. Don’t rely on what you hear through word of mouth.

I have a phobia about any type of medication and even struggle to take vitamins.

Just the thought of having the vaccination sends me into a panic.
    Hi Becky, I don't have a phobia (yet) but I have developed chemical sensitivity and I react to lots of stuff inc meds and even some vitamins and minerals. While I'm not in the same boat as you - I can appreciate the mindset..

I live with a conspiracy theory addict who tries to feed me all sorts about what "they" are going to inject into us, which doesn't help at all!
    Ignore your husband. Lock him the shed, loft or somewhere dark until he sees some sense.

More what the side effects of the vaccination will be.
    Me too, and with good reason as I have explained, but it won't stop me having the vaccine...

I am prepared that I will feel shit for a bit but I'm well used to that with my fibro. What's new?

But then people post what weird symptoms they're experiencing after they get it. That just adds fuel to my phobia.
    So, don't seek this stuff out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information