Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: No significant evidence of panic-buying/shortages so far with this third lockdown

Re: No significant evidence of panic-buying/shortages so far with this third lockdown

"Had"? I've still got one! What's wrong with it? At least the bath is a decent size and not one where you have no room to spread out!

My house still has a lot of "original features"..Changing anything was a nightmare when my children were younger. It's become a habit now. Also I can't afford it now! I do find that older stuff lasts a lot longer than newer replacements.

Re: No significant evidence of panic-buying/shortages so far with this third lockdown

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    And does it have those Texture Vein tiles (often nicknamed 'chicken tiles') from the 'Cristal' brand?

Horrible, horrible things (those tiles)!

I used to see all kinds of weird things in them, such as a lamp post in the top left-hand corner, a three-legged headless man with his arms stretched right out in the top-centre, a running animal in the top right-hand corner, a sitting dog in the bottom left-hand corner, all of which used to scare me as a little kid, especially when I was left alone in the bath while she went off doing her own things round the house, which I know sounds extremely irresponsible by today's parenting standards, but thankfully I never came to any physical harm (though that's all for another story).

The pattern was available in a range of colours (on a white background), pink, yellow, aqua, blue, and most commonly, brown.

Yuk!!
    Never 'eard of 'em, Lenco but will google said atrocities!

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    "Had"? I've still got one! What's wrong with it? At least the bath is a decent size and not one where you have no room to spread out!

My house still has a lot of "original features"..Changing anything was a nightmare when my children were younger. It's become a habit now. Also I can't afford it now! I do find that older stuff lasts a lot longer than newer replacements.
    Pardon the insinuation that ya bathroom is hideous, P. No offence intended an all that.

It's a personal dislike with me and I've spent too many hours slumped over an avocado green toilet bowl for me to ever see that 'shade' of green without having the most awful flushbacks, sorry, flashbacks..

Don't worry, Nora..No offence taken. I know most people would have ripped it out decades ago!

My friend has a dark blue bathroom suite which was previously owned by Ringo Starr! It has gold plated taps..but no Beetles in residence!

My friend has a dark blue bathroom suite which was previously owned by Ringo Starr! It has gold plated taps..but no Beetles in residence!
    I would SO want to have that bath! Maybe he farted in it? Of course he did. Who doesn't fart in the bath!

Did she/he check it over for a Ringo Starr pube? I bet that would fetch something on Ebay.

Maybe he played drums with two bottles of Matey? There's a thought...

I'm sure she scoured it for DNA prior to using it!

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    I would SO want to have that bath! Maybe he farted in it? Of course he did. Who doesn't fart in the bath!

Did she/he check it over for a Ringo Starr pube? I bet that would fetch something on Ebay.

Maybe he played drums with two bottles of Matey? There's a thought...
    Really going off kilter now, but talking of farting, that reminds me, back in the late 70s-early 80s my dad's car was a 1974 M-reg Austin 1800, and one of my dad's workmates whom he often used to give lifts always used to drop his bat in it and stank it out, and every other word my dad used to say whilst driving along with him in it was 'Phwoarrrrr'!

That guy (who I used to call Uncle John) had a habit of letting out bad loud and pongy farts period, and not just when travelling in vehicles. It was his biggest talent!

So toilet roll definitely necessary for him, especially if he does wet ones!
    (lol)!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Really going off kilter now, but talking of farting, that reminds me, back in the late 70s-early 80s my dad's car was a 1974 M-reg Austin 1800, and one of my dad's workmates whom he often used to give lifts always used to drop his bat in it and stank it out, and every other word my dad used to say whilst driving along with him in it was 'Phwoarrrrr'!

That guy (who I used to call Uncle John) had a habit of letting out bad loud and pongy farts period, and not just when travelling in vehicles. It was his biggest talent!

So toilet roll definitely necessary for him, especially if he does wet ones!
    (lol)!!
    My mother, who considered herself 'posh' used to let some rippers go first thing in the morning. Blimey, I could hear them from upstairs! Two pots of tea and she was parping for Britain..

As Jim Royle would say, 'Posh my @rse!'

I'm sure she scoured it for DNA prior to using it!
    I would have done too.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    My mother, who considered herself 'posh' used to let some rippers go first thing in the morning. Blimey, I could hear them from upstairs! Two pots of tea and she was parping for Britain..

As Jim Royle would say, 'Posh my @rse!'
    Was that the Scouse geezer formerly known as Bobby Grant?

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread Information