Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: No significant evidence of panic-buying/shortages so far with this third lockdown

Re: No significant evidence of panic-buying/shortages so far with this third lockdown

I haven't had a bath is years

Re: No significant evidence of panic-buying/shortages so far with this third lockdown

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Was that the Scouse geezer formerly known as Bobby Grant?
    That's him.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    I haven't had a bath is years
    I should probably knock baths on the head now my collagen's buggered off. 5 minutes and my skin is totally pruned.

Well it seems strange now to think that the great toilet roll stampedes were going on exactly a year ago and had then petered out by early April, once people had finally come to their senses, and realised that they had fallen for all the needless hype surrounding it.

All seems like absolutely ages ago now.

There doesn't seem to be any real shortages of anything or panic-buying right now, one year on, well nothing of any major significance, at least.

Give it time and social media...

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Give it time and social media...
    Yes, you're right, they'll always be some kind of social media-fuelled craze/mania/panic!!

At the moment, social media is going into meltdown over the tragic murder of Sarah Everard, and there are allegedly crazy campaigns to impose curfews on all men walking the streets after 6pm, which I think is totally unfair as the vast majority of us men aren't murderers, rapists or paedos.

All very reminiscent of the mass hysteria over delinquent teenagers back in the mid-late 2000s, especially those wearing hoodies and the banning of them from the Bluewater Centre in Kent, plus the installation of those 'Mosquito' high-pitched sound-emitting devices outside shops, etc, which hardly ever seems to get mentioned nowadays.
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 12-03-21 at 20:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    At the moment, social media is going into meltdown over the tragic murder of Sarah Everard, and there are allegedly crazy campaigns to impose curfews on all men walking the streets after 6pm, which I think is totally unfair as the vast majority of us men aren't murderers, rapists or paedos.
    That was a flippant remark by a Green peer. Easily misunderstood by Scared Old White Men, as I have seen on a railway preservation forum where many SOWM congregate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    That was a flippant remark by a Green peer. Easily misunderstood by Scared Old White Men, as I have seen on a railway preservation forum where many SOWM congregate.
    It's doing the rounds in clipped form per the media. I didn't see the speech but am aware of Golda Meir saying it many years before. Not sure if that was the reference?

Lots of women and younger men reacting to it too.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    It's doing the rounds in clipped form per the media. I didn't see the speech but am aware of Golda Meir saying it many years before. Not sure if that was the reference?

Lots of women and younger men reacting to it too.
    The latest (recurring) moral panic.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread Information