Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: No significant evidence of panic-buying/shortages so far with this third lockdown

Re: No significant evidence of panic-buying/shortages so far with this third lockdown

Got myself a 9 pack of Panda bog roll no problem.

Re: No significant evidence of panic-buying/shortages so far with this third lockdown

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Less of the Northerners.
    What about Northern kids, that would just blow PM's mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    There's a good supply of most stuff in darkest Surrey. Quilted bog roll is still a bit thin on the ground though so I snap it up when I can. Can't bear the hard stuff

Can't imagine how awful rationing must have been during the War and for years afterwards. We are so privileged really.
    I bet this bloke would have some in his suitcase...

Quote Originally Posted by BikerMatt View Post
    What about Northern kids, that would just blow PM's mind!!
    Only Northern kids wouldn't be poncing around with Haribo. They're weaned off the milk and straight onto the pie, black pudding, Eccles cake, or whatever the local 'delicacy' happens to be.

My Dad (born and raised in Manchester) loved Eccles cakes but the only ones he could buy Darn Sarf were never as good and he longed to taste once again a genuine Northern one!

My Dad (born and raised in Manchester) loved Eccles cakes but the only ones he could buy Darn Sarf were never as good and he longed to taste once again a genuine Northern one!
    Same here with oatcakes. They just don't taste the same once they leave Stoke.

Optimum oatcake eating time is as you're leaving the oatcake shop - passing it from one hand to the other because it's giving you 3rd degree burns through the paper. This is a plus in winter when it's freezing ya bits off, but problematic in summer.

I miss my oatcakes.

You might have to ask Terry to send you a secret supply....Essential shopping for a friend in need, so to speak? More than a grain of truth in that..

You might have to ask Terry to send you a secret supply....Essential shopping for a friend in need, so to speak? More than a grain of truth in that..
    No point. The moment an oatcake leaves the Staffordshire border - it surrenders its deliciousness.

They sell them in our local Tesco, and I've given them a try - naturally - but they're not the same. I have my memories, P, and that will have to keep me going until I can get back into Stoke and burn my hands on a freshly made oatcake!

Meanwhile, loads of 'dead fly cakes' here.
    Last edited by NoraB; 10-01-21 at 10:52.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Got myself a 9 pack of Panda bog roll no problem.
    Dunny rolls were running low yesterday at our local supermarket and we had only 1 Covid case here!.
    I had to buy huggie baby wipes for my derrière but can’t flush them down the crapper.
    So I went into the park dunny and stole some paper it was 1ply the stuff that sticks on ya bum.grrr

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    So I went into the park dunny and stole some paper it was 1ply the stuff that sticks on ya bum.grrr
    I take my own loo paper to public loos.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information