Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: No significant evidence of panic-buying/shortages so far with this third lockdown

Re: No significant evidence of panic-buying/shortages so far with this third lockdown

Hey guys n gals, let's have less digs about the Northerners and Southerners or they'll be a divide there as well as Europe.

For me in the East, no brown bread for two weeks so that's my IBS triggered, no cat-food in my online shop, only basic toilet roll available, (like Pulisa, I like a bit of depth), and a shortage of tobacco.
    Which means I turn into Mrs Ratty with a bloated tummy and a cat scratching the hell out of my furniture.
    Luckily I ordered enough over the Christmas for the cat, but I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed for next week's delivery.
    So, yes, people were defo bulk buying in my area.

Re: No significant evidence of panic-buying/shortages so far with this third lockdown

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Hey guys n gals, let's have less digs about the Northerners
    Couldn't agree more Carnation!

Hey guys n gals, let's have less digs about the Northerners and Southerners or they'll be a divide there as well as Europe.

For me in the East, no brown bread for two weeks so that's my IBS triggered, no cat-food in my online shop, only basic toilet roll available, (like Pulisa, I like a bit of depth), and a shortage of tobacco.
    Which means I turn into Mrs Ratty with a bloated tummy and a cat scratching the hell out of my furniture.
    Luckily I ordered enough over the Christmas for the cat, but I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed for next week's delivery.
    Well I suppose there will still always be the odd exceptions but at least the media aren't going OTT about it and keeping it much lower key ATM.

Perhaps most people have now come to their senses and started to realise that the events of last March in particular were greatly hyped up over a virtually non-existent problem in the first place, which in turn became a self-fulfilling prophecy, all because of some idiots Down Under with an agenda, who definitely have a lot to answer for!

The media hype makes the Supermarkets lots of dosh.
    Hard to find a bargain during a lockdown, no special offers and now the 3 for 2 being dumped. Will this mean 4 for 3 now?

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Only Northern kids wouldn't be poncing around with Haribo. They're weaned off the milk and straight onto the pie, black pudding, Eccles cake, or whatever the local 'delicacy' happens to be.

Lol Nora!

Does your cat have a special diet, Carnation? Mine used to be on special stuff because she had had most of her colon removed at 18 months...I was in trouble if it went out of stock!

No point. The moment an oatcake leaves the Staffordshire border - it surrenders its deliciousness.

They sell them in our local Tesco, and I've given them a try - naturally - but they're not the same. I have my memories, P, and that will have to keep me going until I can get back into Stoke and burn my hands on a freshly made oatcake!

Meanwhile, loads of 'dead fly cakes' here.
    My Dad would have been in his element!

Not really Pulisa, but he's fussy.
    He won't eat the food in gravy, doesn't like fish either.
    I stocked up pre Christmas, just as well I did. Now there's a curb on quantities, no more than 2.
    If he had his way he'd live off of dreamies.

Only Northern kids wouldn't be poncing around with Haribo. They're weaned off the milk and straight onto the pie, black pudding, Eccles cake, or whatever the local 'delicacy' happens to be.
    Benson's and Snakebite

Ah, takes me back to the days of smuggling bottles of 20/20 into nightclubs (Nora, remember Vallees?)

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Benson's and Snakebite

Ah, takes me back to the days of smuggling bottles of 20/20 into nightclubs (Nora, remember Vallees?)
    Benson's was the fag of choice at the potbank I worked in after leaving school. I think I was on about 200 a day..

Nightclubs? Surely you mean 'discos' Terry?

Vallees? Nope. Brain does not compute. You will have to elaborate duck..

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information