I have posted a few different issues on here from time to time but this is a new one for me. I have suffered with anxiety for most of my adult life, in more recent years health anxiety. I am an older lady so this is very very worrying for me. About three months ago I started losing a bit of weight, I have nearly always been on the thin side so I never want to lose weight and I always think cancer even with a few pounds which this is. It seems to have settled a bit on the new weight. What is really terrifying me is for that time I have started having the dreaded floating stools. Its not been every day but every few days about three days normal then they are back again. This week it seems to be every day. There were yellow for the odd day but I have had that many times over the years. They are often light brown which is normal for me, today they were mid brown but totally floating, not small pieces either. I know I shouldn't do it but I googled. Of course it can only mean one thing. It does go on about foul smelling and greasy looking with oil on the water and difficult to flush. They hardly smell, do flush alright and I can't see any oil but floating stool that looks like it should have sunk.When I came out of the toilet today I actually shook violently for an hour and couldn't stop. I have rung my dr and she wants me to go in next week for a blood test and examination. She said she can't say what it is we will have to see what the blood tests are like. After that I might have to see a consultant. I am absolutely terrified. I had diarrhea for over a week about 6 months ago and had a stool test done that was normal. That all cleared up but now these floating stools are really panicking me. I don't know how to get through this. Am I right in thinking they always do blood tests almost a routine for these problems. My old doctor retired and this is a new one who doesn't really know me, I don't know if she knows about my anxieties. Anyone had floating stools and its not been anything terrible?