Thread: Bisoprolol

Bisoprolol

Hi guys,
    Does anyone else take bisoprolol? I was originally on 2.5mg for suspected AF. I have had my dose increased around 1.5 months ago to 5mg due to stress and my heart started to race at night.
    Since being on the higher dose I’ve noticed on my Apple Watch at times my pulse is in the 40’s however not for long and not during sleep when I’d assume it would be at its lowest. It’s normally around 59-69 at rest.
    I wouldn’t be worried if it was consistently in the 40’s it’s just strange that it drops to it for a little bit?
    Anyone had a similar experience?
    I’m going to call the drs on Monday and ask them.
    Thanks x

Re: Bisoprolol

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by Havefaithx View Post
    Since being on the higher dose I’ve noticed on my Apple Watch at times my pulse is in the 40’s however not for long and not during sleep when I’d assume it would be at its lowest.
    The HR reading from Apple watches models 1-3 have an accuracy rate of about 33%, Models 4-5 are more accurate, but should still only be used as a guide.

It’s normally around 59-69 at rest.
    I wouldn’t be worried if it was consistently in the 40’s it’s just strange that it drops to it for a little bit?
    The blood pressure med I'm on causes my resting heart rate to briefly drop to as low as 47 bpm at times which probably isn't the issue some claim. The normal/ideal resting heart rate range for adults was thought to be 60-100 bpm, however, cardiologists are increasingly suggesting that it should be 50-75 bpm.

A good idea.

Hi guys,
    Does anyone else take bisoprolol? I was originally on 2.5mg for suspected AF. I have had my dose increased around 1.5 months ago to 5mg due to stress and my heart started to race at night.
    Since being on the higher dose I’ve noticed on my Apple Watch at times my pulse is in the 40’s however not for long and not during sleep when I’d assume it would be at its lowest. It’s normally around 59-69 at rest.
    Anyone had a similar experience?
    Thanks x

My son is on 2.5mg bisoprolol but has a diagnosed heart condition. He doesn't monitor his heartbeat and I suspect that the fact that you do will add to your anxiety?

Surely your AF should have been confirmed before the dose was increased? What cardiac tests have you had? It would be a good idea to contact your GP and to query the dose I think.

Panic attack, racing heart even on bisoprolol

Hi guys,
    Anyone still get racing heart from anxiety and panic attacks on a beta blocker?? I’m on 5mg of bisoprolol and my heart still reaches 135/140. I got checked out at the hospital it was in sinus rhythm the whole time. My GP did say that anxiety and panic can override a beta blocker but I’m just shocked thought that was what they are for?
    I am extremely anxious at the minute though xxx

Thank you all. I’ve had lots of tests on my heart not have confirmed AF at the moment. Bisoprolol can be used for anxiety too, however it doesn’t help mine at all.
    I was in hospital two nights ago with a racing heart, had it all check it was in sinus rhythm but wouldn’t lower, but I had that horrible anxious feeling in my chest that wouldn’t shift. Xx

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

i was on it for 2 months it was awfulfor me, felt sick,ill everyday , came off it put on propranolol, that was as bad so not on any beta blockers, dont suit me but dropped bp .

Thank you all. I’ve had lots of tests on my heart not have confirmed AF at the moment. Bisoprolol can be used for anxiety too, however it doesn’t help mine at all.
    I was in hospital two nights ago with a racing heart, had it all check it was in sinus rhythm but wouldn’t lower, but I had that horrible anxious feeling in my chest that wouldn’t shift. Xx
    Beta-blockers are sometimes prescribed for panic, but aren't a first-line, or even second-line treatment. They can ease the adrenaline fuelled symptoms of the flight-or-fight response which may help ease mild anxiety, however, they don't address the anxiety triggers in the brain so are more a band-aid solution.

Propranolol is the most often prescribed beta-blocker for anxiety/panic moderation. Bisoprolol tends to be prescribed if there are potential breathing issues, or if the patient is on many meds as it usually has fewer drug-drug interactions.

Thread Information