Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sore throat

Re: Sore throat

Quote Originally Posted by erinjaye View Post
    But how concerned should I be about false negative? I'm sorry!
    Ive taken three different rapid tests throughout this whole thing, they’ve all been negative. I think they’re pretty accurate, I wouldn’t worry! They’re especially accurate if you’re experiencing any symptoms - so if you’re presenting with congestion and a sore throat, it would have for sure came up positive if it was Covid.

Got it, thank you! Im letting it go. Seriously appreciate y'all

I woke up this morning with no sense of smell. I can taste but not smell. Freaking out.

You had a negative test with symptoms. It's probably a sinus issue but have another test if you are spiralling?

I've been listening to Dr Duc Voung, it started out to be for entertainment because he swears a lot. He's seriously a no nonsense dr who says in medical school they were taught to look for the horse and not the zebra, with the state of this situation Covid IS the horse.

In a recent video he used several examples..

You have a runny nose, headache, cough.. f**k it, you have covid.

You have a headache and lose your taste and smell? YOU have covid, stay the f**k home.

You have ANY symptoms and a negative test? YOU have covid, sit your a$$ at home, f**ker.

It's rather funny to listen to but his point is well made, in the current state in this pandemic and how dangerous and contagious it is, if you have any symptoms regardless of a negative test, assume you have it and isolate.

Well my fiance and I recovered from our colds fine but then found out 1 week ago a mom at daycare found out she has covid. She had 2 negative tests so the dr diagnosed her by symptoms. Her kids were also testing negative so she sent them to daycare because they didn't have symptoms or if they did they had gone away. Well today my son developed a fever. His Dr said if he has a fever still in 2 days to get him tested. This is so scary. I wish I had just kept him home from daycare! Sure its stressful to try to work with a 1 yr old running around but that stress relief is not worth losing my life over! Im spiraling out so bad and so so scared we all have it. My fiance is actually mad at me because im so upset. I don't blame him because now he's taking care of our son but I just can't control myself right now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information