Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sore throat

Sore throat

I'm so upset. Because of the covid surge i decided not to see my family for the holidays and haven't seen my friends in almost a year. And for what? I have a horrible sore throat, headache and stuffy nose today and im gna need to go get tested in the morning because my son goes to daycare and I don't want to put other babies at risk. My fiance had it back in March and I didn't get it so how in the heck could I have gotten it now? I did have a biopsy last week so I guess thats possible? How ironic, thrilled to find out I don't have cancer only to find out I have a different potentially fatal disease. Why. Is it too much to ask to enjoy my birthday on Wednesday? Im sorry, I know I probably sound ridiculous but how much of this can one person take, I just want to feel good and im so scared.

Re: Sore throat

Sounds more like a routine cold but best to get tested as you say. Try not to catastrophise. You've had a very stressful experience but got the all clear. Even if this does turn out to be Covid it's highly unlikely to be a problem for you in your age group but I can understand that you are still recovering from your cancer scare and don't need any additional worry.
    All you can do is self isolate and get tested ..and wait for the results which is the worst bit I know.

Get as much rest as you can today.

Me and my parents have also had a bit of a 'normal' cold over the past couple of days (though I feel quite a lot better myself so far this morning). Apart from the local supermarket where we masked up and social distanced, we haven't been near any obvious risky environments.

Quote Originally Posted by erinjaye View Post
    How ironic, thrilled to find out I don't have cancer only to find out I have a different potentially fatal disease.
    Or you just have a cold? And even if you do have COVID - you are in the low risk in your age group - as P says.

Is it too much to ask to enjoy my birthday on Wednesday?
    It's up to you that one-regardless of what you may or may not have..

I know I probably sound ridiculous but how much of this can one person take, I just want to feel good and im so scared.
    You can't feel good and scared at the same time...

P.S were you tested back in March? Could you have had mild symptoms and not realised?

No my fiance and I were exposed, but couldn't get tested at that time but got antibody tests a few months later. His was positive and mine was negative which made sense because he got sick and I didn't. I worry also because I have a long smoking history and some autoimmune issues so I feel high risk. And thus virus is so unpredictable. And how will I isolate from my son for 2 weeks ugh Just praying praying praying. I go get my test in an hour.

You maybe feel high risk but you're not. Nevertheless you're spiralling so get the test done and fingers crossed this is just a routine cold.

Thank you. They said I should have my results in an hour so hoping hoping.

Annnnnd its negative! Thank God. And thank you all for your responses.

But how concerned should I be about false negative? I'm sorry!

Let it go - you had a negative test. Move on from it now.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information