Thread: Worried About Breast Dents/Breast Cancer

Worried About Breast Dents/Breast Cancer

Hey everyone so I haven't been on here for a few years now as I had CBT and it changed my life completely I haven't had a health worry in a very long time which I am grateful for but for the last week I have been having really bad HA about my breasts, so on both my areolas next to my nipples I have an indentation like the dimples you get in your cheeks but not as deep, only when i lift my arms up are they more noticeable they are in almost the exact same place on both breasts which I find some comfort in, one is more noticeable than the other as that's my smaller breast, I barely ever look at my breasts head on in the mirror or in any way in all honesty so I honestly aren't sure if it's my normal, when I am cold or tighten the skin they disappear completely, I have put on a bit of weight recently and it does look like part of my cellulite especially when i squeeze my breasts but obviously I have done the most stupid thing and Dr Googled it and there's never a nicer explanation for dents in the breasts than the obvious. I am 27, I have had no children, does anyone else have this when they lift thier arms? I know advice is go to the GP to get checked out but deep down I do feel like this could be normal for me as its in both and in the same place on each I don't want to waste time especially during covid and I don't want to start my HA cycle again after 5 years of no worries. I can control it a bit better than I used to do but this one's really niggling at me for some reason and I can't stop checking them I haven't been like this is a very long time. Thanks in advance everyone x

Re: Worried About Breast Dents/Breast Cancer

Two years ago I found a dent in one of my breast when I lifted my arm. I was in front of the mirror putting deodorant. Of course I went into panic mode and made the mistake of googling it. I had a mammogram and an ultrasound and it came back clear. It wasn’t enough for me. I had to be referred to the breast doctor who did another ultrasound, a clinical breast exam and a breast MRI. Everything came back clear again. Doctor explained sometimes it happens with not reason. I still have the dent there and when I panic I remember about all the tests I had at the time. Don’t google it, you are just going to find sinister reasons of having a breast dent.

Thank you so much for your reply, I am so happy your results came back clear, I have stopped googling scince I posted this here and I have partially forgotten all about the dents, sometimes I find myself thinking maybe I'll just have a quick check of them but then stop myself because I know it'll make it so much worse. I know Google is such a scary place for "symptoms" I could not find anything at all that wasn't sinister about breast dents. I'm not as worried as it's the same place on both breasts maybe just my normal and I've never noticed, I barely ever look at them in the mirror so I wouldn't know if it was a new occurrence or not. Thank you again for taking the time to reply to me

I’m 31F and dealing with weird breast issues now. I had a massive cyst drained left March 2020. I have B cup, but fast forward today, last mammogram was this past January both clear…now I’m dealing with weird more axillary side breast left fat than my right one, just got bigger but in the mirror my two boobs look fine? Plus weird thing when I lay on my side not my back I can feel my left side breast like a weird flat hard pancake? It goes from upper breast to side of nipple…could be from gravity? My right one has the same but less hard? No armpit lumps, abs going in for screening this Monday, my anxiety is so bad I can’t stop crying poking the area and my thoughts are just darkness ….plus I ruined it by googling for a whole month….now the articles I read is now cemented in my tortured mind..

Thread Information