Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Armpit lumps? Maybe?

Re: Armpit lumps? Maybe?

Made it through the entire day without checking these spots. Going to allow myself to visually look again tomorrow morning and then no more for another day. Had to battle the urge multiple times in my mind. Very hard to comb out my hair after the shower so much that I had to not look in the mirror but I did it!

Well done! That is great and very exciting!!

Not a doctor or a psychologist, just a guy who's been to a lot of them.

On day 4 of only checking myself out in the mirror in the morning. Doing ok, but I’m randomly itching everywhere. Trying to tell myself it’s just an itch from dry skin and/or hyper focusing. I don’t want to Google anything about lymphoma but I do kind of want to know what/where/how intense that itch is so I can compare. Probably shouldn’t do that, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Worrywart84 View Post
    I do kind of want to know what/where/how intense that itch is so I can compare. Probably shouldn’t do that, right?
    That's right! Googling will only feed the dragon.

You're doing great! I think it's really awesome that you are challenging the itching with "its just an itch from dry skin." You are literally changing your brain when you do this. You create new neural connections through this practice and eventually this will become your default response. Keep it up. We are all rooting for you!

Best Wishes

Not a doctor or a psychologist, just a guy who's been to a lot of them.

For the last month or so, I find myself waking up in the middle of the night and the backs of my legs are really sweaty (like back of the knee area.) I am trying to challenge this thought as well saying that this doesn’t classify as a night sweat, but I’m struggling with it a bit. I just don’t recall this ever happening before. My HA is trying to tell me this is just the beginning and soon I’ll have full blown night sweats. My rational mind is saying that this doesn’t classify as a night sweat and there is the possibility that this has happened to me before but I wasn’t hyper focusing so I never had the urge to tag it as a lymphoma symptom until now.

Anyway, this is Day 5 of only examining my neck and armpit in the morning. I’m feeling good about that but kind of uneasy about the sweaty leg thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Worrywart84 View Post
    For the last month or so, I find myself waking up in the middle of the night and the backs of my legs are really sweaty (like back of the knee area.) I am trying to challenge this thought as well saying that this doesn’t classify as a night sweat, but I’m struggling with it a bit. I just don’t recall this ever happening before. My HA is trying to tell me this is just the beginning and soon I’ll have full blown night sweats. My rational mind is saying that this doesn’t classify as a night sweat and there is the possibility that this has happened to me before but I wasn’t hyper focusing so I never had the urge to tag it as a lymphoma symptom until now.

Anyway, this is Day 5 of only examining my neck and armpit in the morning. I’m feeling good about that but kind of uneasy about the sweaty leg thing.
    This is just reassurance seeking. You know the answer to this. You've been making positive steps. Talk yourself out of it

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Agreed with FMP. Your post has some rational that is healthy and which you should latch onto as you challenge the thoughts. Keep up the good work!

Thank you both—really trying.

Almost feels good to be done with the “inspection” this morning so I don’t have to torture myself with it anymore for the rest of the day.

Giving yourself some grace!!

I was triggered by two GoFundMe stories tonight while just scrolling on social media. Ugh, does anyone else have that happen? I feel so terrible that someone actually is going through a true confirmed nightmare and it makes me feel weird, like feeling awful for this happening to them, while simultaneously envisioning my own GoFundMe while simultaneously feeling like a horrible person for doing that.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information