Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cant cope anymore, breast lump, spiralling

Cant cope anymore, breast lump, spiralling

After a shit decade, numerous health scares, rampant anxiety and looking after everyone else, I've now found a bloody lump in my right breast. I'm convinced this is the time I will die. I'm phoning doctor first thing.
    It nearly killed me last year worrying I had womb cancer.
    I've got lumpy breasts anyway, convinced I've missed something.
    Had a Mirena coil fitted in October after normal hysteroscopy, convinced its given me cancer.
    I'm fat and cancer would be my fault.
    I'm terrified of leaving my 11 yr old son. Rest assured, my proudest achievement in life is being a bloody good mum. My childhood was crap and I never wanted him to suffer like I had and he hasn't.
    My constant MH worries, anxiety etc I cant cope with it anymore. What would my son do if I died, how would he get over it?
    My husband is a really great dad, with a large family and good friends who would help if needed. I have a brother and some family who would help, plus brilliant friends.
    My son has cousins he is close to and good friends, with parents who would help I'm sure.
    I'm terrified of my husband dying. My son is an only child and worried about him being on his own.
    Just need to vent. Sorry. Feel like I'm going mad
    I've done so well since the hysteroscopy, why this now?
    I've also got 2 cats and worried sick about what will happen to them. Stupid I know.

Last edited by Brizzle; 11-01-21 at 01:56.
    Last edited by Brizzle; 11-01-21 at 08:22.

Re: Cant cope anymore, breast lump, spiralling

Why not speak to the GP first before leaping to worst case scenario mode? You say you have lumpy breasts anyway..but getting an examination from your doctor now would be a sensible thing to do.

The truth is your son would cope if anything terrible were to happen to you (I'm not saying that your current issue means that this is "it" for you). He would have no choice and would not be left on his own to grieve. Your own fear of death and cancer is overwhelming though and I take it no amount of therapy has helped you manage this fear?

Ring the doc, Brizzle and take it from there? First things first..Let us know what is said?

Take the pressure off yourself and go and get yourself checked and do whatever is advised? You'll be taking care of yourself and your family- including the cats- that way! Good luck x

Hi Brizzle, take a minute, sit down and do some good deep breathing. You are going to be fine, at the moment you’re catastrophising which is only natural been there many times myself, 20 years ago when my son was 10 i really thought i’d never see him grow up, he’s 30 now & i’m still here! see your GP, see what he’s got to say, as you said you’ve got lumpy breasts anyway, don’t know what its like in your area but hopefully you can get an examination to put your mind at rest. Vent as much as you like darling, and let us know how you get on.

Hi Brizzle!

I’m going through this exact same thing at the moment.

I found a lumpy area at the very top of my breast just before Christmas and of course it struck the fear of god into me.

I called the GP last Wednesday, she wanted to see me that day so she could have a feel, she checked and said she was going to refer me to the breast clinic, I asked her outright if she thought it was something bad and she said no, she just wanted a second opinion and I did the right thing going in.

It’s been pretty quick, gp Wednesday and clinic appt through on the Friday for the 20 th jan.

I also had to have bloods taken, didn’t ask why but presume it’s because it’s been years since I have had them looked at.

I won’t say I am completely chilled, I actually have moments where I’m scared but I think that’s just natural.

Today I can call for my blood results and panicking about that too!

Please call your GP, let them have a feel otherwise you will drive yourself mad, like I did before finally calling!

Oh and I have a 14 yr old too so I do understand the whole kids thing!

Please let us know how you get on and I’m here for a hand hold of you need it, we can support one another xx

Thanks everyone, phoned doctor and waiting for call back. So step one out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Brizzle View Post
    Thanks everyone, phoned doctor and waiting for call back. So step one out of the way.
    You really have done the right thing, let us know how it goes

Xx

Just spoke to doctor. She didn't see the point in me coming in for a check up, she just referred me straight to the breast clinic. I should have a phone call in the next 3 days. Hopefully I'll be seen quickly.

Just spoke to doctor. She didn't see the point in me coming in for a check up, she just referred me straight to the breast clinic. I should have a phone call in the next 3 days. Hopefully I'll be seen quickly.
    I’m glad you got the ball rolling Brizzle.

I had my referral letter within 2 days of seeing my GP!

That's sensible and things are underway for you to get seen by the experts. I'm sure you won't have to wait long but the waiting will be the worst bit. I've always been seen really quickly x

Good for you Brizzle glad you’re moving forward, it will seem like a long 3 days but you’ll get there & the breast clinic is the best place to go. Take care & hope you get a good outcome.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information