Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cant cope anymore, breast lump, spiralling

Re: Cant cope anymore, literally cant cope

Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

Wow... you've done gone and buried yourself! You're spiraling over an imagined scenario that is not medically logical. Tumors don't 'deflate'. and spread their cancer elsewhere. At worst it would remain the same or grow as it would be a primary site. Is there someone you can call or talk to in real life to get support?

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 17-01-21 at 22:06.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: Cant cope anymore, breast lump, spiralling

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Absolutely losing it

Hi,

I can feel a lump in my boob off and on.
    Went to clinic and the consultant gave a very quick feel and said nothing was there but normal tissue, though he barely felt it for 5 seconds.

Had mammogram which was fine and then a ultrasound, I said where I thought the lump was and she scanned it. She said it was ok. She spent a long time going over it.

Called me back to look at other bit of breast she was worried about and said that was fine.

Consultant just said glandular tissue and told me to go home, didn't explain anything to me.

Still feel lump, still hurts.

Worried sick they missed something or scanned wrong area.

Help me

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Glandular tissue hurts.

You've had a mammogram and an ultrasound from the breast care clinic professionals and they are happy that all is well.

Your HA will immediately plant doubts in your mind that something was missed /consultant didn't examine you properly etc etc etc.

You can continue to torment yourself or accept a very reassuring diagnosis that you only have painful glandular tissue which is very common but completely benign. HA versus reality.

Here's the thing Brizzle, people who don't doubt medical professionals would come out of your appointment and very FULL examination, and be ecstatic, relieved, and go on with life happy in the knowledge that highly trained medical professionals, using modern and accurate equipment had checked them out. I know you aren't feeling that, and the doubt is there immediately (which is why when HA people say 'I just need this test/that test and I'll feel better' we know it isn't the case). Now you need to write down all the reason why you NEED to believe them, it could be quite a long list, and re-read that list to counteract your negative thought pattern every time it reoccurs. Thats how you train yourself to get over it, when a doubtful comment appears, you come back with a positive one that negates the negative one.

Hi, had a private scan done on Tuesday, the consultant could barely feel the lump. He seemed baffled as to why I was worried.
    But I'm still here with this stupid lumpy bit. I'm convinced it's cancer and it's been missed. My right boob is horrendously sore and lumpy, this lump feels different.
    I cant cope with this.
    I've had 2 ultrasound and a mammogram, both times just glandular.

I've had 2 ultrasound and a mammogram, both times just glandular.
    Brizzle, you weren't happy with all the previous checks, so bought yourself another piece of reassurance in the form of a private set of imaging. That was also fine. As 'different' as your mind has convinced you this is, the fact is that to trained medical professionals with modern imaging equipment - there is nothing there of any concern. Thats it, its that simple.

I cant cope with this.
    Can't cope with your HA and continually being convinced you that you have BC, when clearly there is literally NOTHING wrong with you ? This can go on forever, the seeking of more and more tests, opinions and ongoing reassurance, that is the nature of HA in some people. You believe there must be something sinister there and its is being missed, this time its different, the professionals can't be right. Well, Brizzle, you are wrong, the tricks of your HA way of thinking are wrong. I have absolutely no doubt at all that there is nothing sinister that is being missed.

He seemed baffled as to why I was worried.
    When the highly trained medical professionals, with years of experience in diagnosing BC say this - you have HA !

Breast trouble again

Found a lump on 9th Jan, had mammogram and u/s on 22nd Jan, put down to glandular tissue. Had a private scan on 2nd Feb, benign findings.
    I had a coil fitted in Oct 2020 after numerous symptoms of perimenopause and crazy bleeding. It has helped my physical symptoms a huge amount.
    In the last week I have had much more lumpiness in my right breast(that's my scary boob), plus pain in shoulder, elbow, wrist and thumb. Convinced this is breast cancer spread to arm.
    I'm just sick of this now. I really am.

Re: Breast trouble again

Hi Brizzle, I try to avoid reassuring people, but I have to say that after 15 years of breast cancer anxiety and far too much Googling I have never heard of it spreading to someone's shoulder, elbow, wrist or thumb.

I don't know about you, but I'm so sick of being scared of breast cancer. I've made a plan with my GP for screenings and exams and I'm working hard to accept that's all I can do.

We have to make a choice. Either we live in this constant state of panic about getting breast cancer despite having all the available tests suggesting otherwise, or we accept what the doctors say and get help for our anxiety so we have a chance at a happier life.

I'm choosing the latter. How about you?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information