Thread: Hangover 😵 On edge and worried I’ve damaged my body! Always worrying about heart!

Hangover 😵 On edge and worried I’ve damaged my body! Always worrying about heart!

Good afternoon everyone,

so on Saturday I had far too many beers and shorts and some shots too! It was with my support bubble as I live alone. Yesterday I felt horrendous and I always take it too far! Today I’m still not feeling great but I’ve been at work and my anxious mind has been all over the place! Some days it makes me just want to stay in bed but I can’t afford to be off work! I’m going to have a few months off alcohol now but I was wondering if anyone else feels like this! Literally worried I’ve damaged my heart, liver and just my general well being! Even worse being alone during this pandemic!

any help would be great.

thanks everyone, much love ❤️

Re: Hangover 😵 On edge and worried I’ve damaged my body! Always worrying about heart!

Simple cause and effect. Nothing more.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: Hangover 😵 On edge and worried I’ve damaged my body! Always worrying about heart!

Oh, I've been there.

Even people without any mental health issues can become really on edge and anxious when they have a hangover. Just keep reminding yourself that it is only a hangover, nothing disastrous has happened and it will pass.

Plenty of water, paracetamol, and get an early night.

This is why I no longer overindulge. Back in the day I’d feel a little rough the next morning, but it would quickly pass and I was ready to go another round that night. Now, it takes me 2-3 days to recover. It’s just no longer worth it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rossi_h View Post
    Good afternoon everyone,

so on Saturday I had far too many beers and shorts and some shots too! It was with my support bubble as I live alone. Yesterday I felt horrendous and I always take it too far! Today I’m still not feeling great but I’ve been at work and my anxious mind has been all over the place! Some days it makes me just want to stay in bed but I can’t afford to be off work! I’m going to have a few months off alcohol now but I was wondering if anyone else feels like this! Literally worried I’ve damaged my heart, liver and just my general well being! Even worse being alone during this pandemic!

any help would be great.

thanks everyone, much love ❤️
    I once out-drank my ex army father-in-law (Bacardi) and on another occasion I drank so much whiskey that I was still pissed three days later! Combined with years of red wine consumption, home brew and 7% real ale - gin too, but I had to knock that one on the head because it made me blub like a ponce. Also Stella Artois and Snecklifter were placed on the 'ban' list on account of me turning into Liam Gallagher.

Anyway, my liver, heart and all my other organs appear to be in good nick. I can't drink anymore due to having developed chemical sensitivity (fibromyalgia) - even a cheeky whiskey makes me ill - but I don't think you've got anything to worry about cocker. Once the alcohol is out of your system, you'll feel sound and you'll be gagging for February.

Thread Information