Thread: Scared i might have covid

Scared i might have covid

Hi guys. Just yesterday, all throughout the day, I felt pretty normal (for me.. was just suffering my usual reflux issues) Then all of a sudden late last night. I started feeling a bizarre feeling around my butt and upper legs. I also started to feel a bit giddy. I freaked out, but managed to calm and then carry on with eating.

A bit later, I started to feel absolutely horrific all over my entire body. It's hard to describe, But I just felt absolutely awful and unlike anything I have ever felt before (& i know it wasn't because of panic as i have suffered panic attacks for two decades and know how i feel when suffering panic attacks)

I started to feel quite tired and a bit hot (don't know if I had a temperature as i have lost my thermometer unfortunately)

I also started to feel an annoying sensation in my throat too.

I got about 5 hours sleep. And woke up feeling o.k all over body wise. but i have an irritating feeling in my nose and some chest discomfort.

My dad, Whom i live with, has been quite sick for three weeks. He is an anti masker a conspiracy nutter who thinks covid is a lie and thus he doesn't take any precautions, whereas I have. But of course living with him, if he gets sick, obviously I get sick too.

Some of his symptoms have been eye problems, runny nose, chest pains, and weaknesses in the legs.

Idk if he has covid or something else?

I haven't had the flu in about 16 or so years, So cannot remember how I felt with it or how sudden symptoms started.

Can anyone who has had covid tell me, if they were unaware as to when they got infected. Did you feel o.k one second them bam symptoms started. or was it slowly.

Same for anyone with flu..

I am afraid right now, as i am quite ill already I have a condition called Ehlers danlos syndrome, I also have very severe ibs, g.e.r.d and stomach inflammation. And because I spend so much time in bed because of my eds, I am very deconditioned (when the body weakens and you become unfit due to lack of exercise & it's been making me very unwell as it can)

Re: Scared i might have covid

Hello, I think if your dad had covid 3 weeks ago you would have caught it before. If he got ill 3 weeks ago, he's likely not contagious now.

I can't tell you if you've got it, as everyone is different when it comes to symptoms. Me and my boyfriend are recovering from it now. His started with a cough and he got worse fever wise over the next few days but is now improving, I felt a bit off for 2 days, like I had flu for 2 more days and since then I've mainly just had a sore throat and head cold symptoms. Now these have mainly cleared up and I just have fatigue and body aches, normally in the evening.

It really is different for everyone though and the only way to tell is to get a test. Looks like you're in the UK, its very easy to get a test if so. Can you drive? If so, you should be able to book a drive through test for tomorrow. Or you can get an nhs one posted to you in the next couple of days.

Try for relax - you don't know if its covid but to be safe you should isolate and get tested. It may well not be covid, but if it is most people just experience a mild illness with it, including some people who have pre existing conditions.

Re: Scared i might have covid

Cannot travel so thus cannot to a testing site, but i actually didn't know you could get a home test kit. Have ordered one. Thanks.

Thread Information