Thread: Itchy feet

Itchy feet

For about 4 days now I've had constant itchy feet. It's like an itch I can't find and it moves all over the place. I had this before when I itched my mole off. The only thing that seems to provide some relief is my wifes eczema cream. The itch is horrible sometimes and I can't stop scratching.

Sometimes it's on my leg, or calf, or arm, or back of my hand. Last night it was on the back of my hand for almost an hour. It can be on either side left or right.

The only thing I can think that's changed is I've had no promazine for 4 days, and because of this loss of appetite and ended up eating cereal and drinking nourishment drinks. Too much sugar?

Anyone ever had this?

No rash, no swelling, no discoloration, just an itch I can't bloody find.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Re: Itchy feet

Had promazine just after posting this and it seems to have stopped. Nowhere on the symptom list does it mention itchiness as a withdrawal side effect.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post

Anyone ever had this?

No rash, no swelling, no discoloration, just an itch I can't bloody find.
    Numerous times and in different areas of my body. It is actually an anxiety symptom but it's common with fibro as well - and I have both.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Numerous times and in different areas of my body. It is actually an anxiety symptom but it's common with fibro as well - and I have both.
    I didn't know it could be an anxiety problem. I'm glad somebody can relate. The problem has gone since I was back on the meds. I'm glad because honestly it's the worst feeling.

You know what was strange. My left foot was real itchy and my hand went to my right foot and itched the area. It soothed the itch. That only happened once during this period but it was like the itch was in the wrong place if that makes any sense

How ya' doing?

☪️️

I had it once from a vitamin B12 deficiency after I became super dehydrated after a case of food poisoning.

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    I didn't know it could be an anxiety problem.
    It's to do with the stress response because blood is shifted away from certain parts of the body (like skin) to the brain - which needs to be sharp. This process stimulates nerve cells in the skin which can cause a burning/itchy sensation. This can occur during active fight or flight or be an ongoing issue due to fight or flight always being 'semi' turned on (hypersensitivity) When I had it, I had it for weeks at a time, then the symptom went. There was never any rash or anything visible on the skin - but it itched like buggery! Horrible sensation!

You know what was strange. My left foot was real itchy and my hand went to my right foot and itched the area. It soothed the itch. That only happened once during this period but it was like the itch was in the wrong place if that makes any sense
    Makes sense to me. There are lots of pathways within the body and all are connected and affect each other..

Another 'weird' thing for you...

You will have heard of phantom limb pain where amputees 'feel' an itch where their limbs used to be? Well there is a lady who practices in energy healing (Donna Eden) and she claims that the meridian lines are still there in the absent limbs and working with this energy relieves the itching.

How ya' doing?
    Not too bad. Trying to walk everyday to sort my mental health out. How about you?

I have heard about phantom limbs, and itching/pain in the area the foot was. One of my clients has just had an amputation. He's still in recovery. But, I've never really pondered why this is. I shall definitely look into this more and check out your recommended resources

I'm doing ok. Had letter today and the council want to inspect the wiring in the property. I freaked out because we're still in the thick of this CV mess. I called them up and the lady was very kind about it and helped me relax. She said it needs to be done for my own safety, so I shall let them continue.

My dentist appointment has been pushed back 2 weeks. It's so unfair I had an appointment xmas eve eve, and they cancelled but didn't rebook me. I called to ask what was going on an she said sorry etc. They can't get me in until the 25th. I fear my tooth will be beyond repair by then. It's already very close to the nerve and she said it's touch and go whether I need a root canal.

Lots of little stressors going on. I moved my PC into the living room and out of the bedroom. I'm sleeping at normal times now and getting a decent night sleep so that's a plus. My brain keeps saying "put it back in the bedroom it's so cosy and warm". I'm breaking a very long habit but it's going well.

☪️️

Thread Information