Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SA, fear of never meeting anyone

SA, fear of never meeting anyone

Does anyone else, especially younger people, have a fear that they'll never meet anyone or fall in love someday? I have Social Anxiety and even though when I'm out in the world and get used to it and I start to feel slightly comfortable in social situations, I still have this worry that I won't ever get married down the road or find someone. I never used to worry about it (I'm pretty independent) before but I'm 20 now and I've never been in a relationship and I fear that I won't get to experience that part of my youth before it's too late. I'm SO shy and just flirting makes me uncomfortable. It's been bugging me alot for the last few months and I was wondering if anyone else with anxiety worries about this, too. :(

i dont have massive worries about it but i have thought about it, im a lot older and have done the family thing so its not too important but now im single again i do wonder if i will ever get mysel;f well enough to meet someone else i think mines more an embarrasment issue than anything as i dont know at what stage to bring into the conversation that i have these problems and if i mention it will he run a mile also would i be better with someone with similar problems or would that be like 2 addicts trying to quit but getting no where while they stick together....................not sure that made any sense really sorry!

fan x

hello there,

I am very lucky as I have been in a long-term relationship for 5 years now but before that, I never thought that I would meet that special someone. I think it is something that we all worry about, even those who don't suffer from anxiety. I always think that we can't look for that special someone, he/she will just come along one day. Don't worry about it - there is someone for you out there somewhere!!

Sarah

Hi sunlight.

There is someone out there for everyone and you may find that someone is exactly the same as you and thinking that they will never meet anyone.

I won't mention names but 2 people from this forum have got together now - isn't that lovely eh?

You will meet someone in time - try not to worry about it.

Nicola

hi. Welcome to the site. I was same as you when i was younger worried i would be left on my own and embaraced about not having a D/f when out ane all my friends seemed to have one. then i Met the right one at 26 got married at 27. We now have 5 kids and been married 25 years and realy happy as we are still best friends to. thats more than most of my my other friends had when having G/Friends to young? I think getting married and settling down later is much better as u have both seen life and more likley to settle down. so dont worry I am sure mr right will show up one day, u dont go looking it comes naturaly. Take care Vernon

Hi , im 20 too, im very quiet and absolutely hate social events with people i dont really know. I have a g/f of over 6years and for me, im sick of being told that i need to live a little before i get into something serious. Anyways, dont worry about the relationship thing. Your only 20, theres loads of time

Welcome to the site.

I have Social Anxiety as well and also use to have the same fear, never getting into a relationship because of my anxiety. I'm now in a relationship, and oddly enough the SA helped me in a way - I met her through a SA support site called SAUK (Link: http://azure.bbboy.net/sauk).

When you have SA things like getting into a relationship seem impossible, but they can happen. I never thought it would happen and even tried to train myself not to expect it. Odd how things work out at times, just because you have trouble imagining some things happening it doesn't necessarily mean they wont.

------
    Blog @ http://www.livejournal.com/users/midwalian/

My friend Richard ! [:P]

He is 34 and still single.
    He doesn't have social anxiety he's a fairly easy going guy and I still haven't found anyone to take him off my hands! :(

I think it is something that everyone thinks about at sometime in their lives. The main thing is not to let it rule your life.

Love, light and Best wishes
    Liz xxx
    With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
    The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

Hi Sunlight, and welcome.
    I had terrible SA when I was young and agonized about similar thing to yourself all the time.
    I still do have a problem with social situations much of the time, but the good news is that you do find ways of coping, and also find that there are many others out there with similar problems.
    I'm sure you'll find this site is very helpful, it's great to find how supportive everybody on here is.
    Good luck with everything,
    Marc
    xx

hey stimpy send him round to mine lol

fan x

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information