Hello,

I have signed up to this for advice from like minded people as I am really struggling at the moment. I struggle with anxiety anyway and have some ocd type behaviours.

Every day I am anxious about covid to the point where it is probably making me ill. I currently work from home, as does my partner and we get shopping delivered. I cannot stop obsessing over it and any time anyone develops a possible symptom I go into meltdown. For example my partner’s teenage daughter felt nauseous last night and I am terrified she has covid - no other symptoms but I know this can be a symptom. I have spent the night worrying about her.

I have worked throughout the pandemic (teacher) but I have reached a point where my fear is all consuming. My mother was unwell with covid and this has further compounded my fear. She is on the way to recovery now but was quite poorly. A lot of the fears seem to stem from my fear of my partner getting it - he is only in his mid 30s and is generally healthy but has mild asthma and is classed as obese (not morbidly but obese). I worry that he will catch it and end up hospitalised, or worse. I drive him mad telling him to take care with distancing and to wear a mask getting in deliveries etc but I am so scared I cannot stop! I’ve seen so many horror stories in the news.

I constantly wipe things down and my hands are always red raw from washing them. I can’t sleep and I have lost weight. Sometimes I know I am being irrational but I can’t help it.

Sorry for the long first post. I just needed to get all that off my chest! Thank you for taking the time to read it.